By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Empire Magazine - The 100 Greatest Games of all Time

Clearly I need to play The Last of Us since it's such a polarizing game.

In re-reading this list, I notice a few snubs.

Where, for example, is Final Fantasy VI? And Super Mario Bros. 3? No Ico, SoulCalibur, or Perfect Dark either

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Only one Nintendo game in the top 10? Super Metroid in 94? The Last of Us in the top spot? This list sucks!

worst list ever.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

mZuzek said:

To round it off, #1 is an absolute joke.

sure it is. right now its the most talked about game and they put it at number 1 just for the clicks.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

#1 deserve the top spot. I don't have the right words to express how the game is great. This game, and also silent hill 2, are my favorite top games of all time due to how the story in both games were written in very mature way.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

When Grand Thief Auto IV first came out many people including IGN called it "the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". Now it appears that The Last of Us has taken the best game since Ocarina of Time slot.

The fact that Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is still and will probably remain the best game of all time, if only out of tradition.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

Around the Network

I agree that TLoU is epic, almost perfect, but number one of ALL TIME? No

Click HERE and be happy 

Meh, like any other "Top Games" list there's a few things I agree with and many I don't.

Regarding the top 10, I certainly don't agree with The Last of Us at the #1 spot, but at least I recognize its qualities. But GTAV in there? Shenmue!? Gimme a break...

Pretty bad list IMO.
Lots of head-scratchers. Super Metroid at 94? SMG2 at 97? Metroid Prime nowhere to be seen? Grand Theft Auto 5 at no. 8? Come on!

And I agree TLOU is a great game, but far from no. 1 in my book.

This whole list looks like a poor combination of "what's popular now" and plain genericness. 

Nice to see FFVII still kicking butt. #1 is in the right place. I think MGS should've taken the #2 spot.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Kyuu said:
kljesta64 said:
mZuzek said:

To round it off, #1 is an absolute joke.

sure it is. right now its the most talked about game and they put it at number 1 just for the clicks.

There goes the Nintendo dictators

not true  

if shadow of the colossus were at number 1 I would have no problem with that.

Tsubasa Ozora