By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One Will Have a 10 Million Lead over Wii U by the. End of 2015

toastboy44562 said:
eva01beserk said:
Gnac said:

Is this shit in the dictionary yet

Dreamcast noun 1998 home console system by SEGA.

Dreamcast adj 1 admirable attempt by SEGA to regain fan support 2 dramatic attempt by frankly silly people to draw comparisons to something tenuously related by use of risible and easily rebuffed metrics 3 ironic my penis

That was funny :p

But I dont mean it will sell on the low numbers of the dreamcast of under 10m. Thats completly imposible. What I meant is that I think that this console will be it for MS. No more xbox after this.

Lol no. Xbox One will do at least 40 million and makes tens of billions of profits just like the 360. Microsoft isnt going to give up on the living room.

Big diference between giving up and loosing. Wont be a choice. Althou I do hope that dosent happen. The world needs these 3 consoles to keep competition. If xbox fails I do think sony will become a tyrant and it will ruin gaming for us all.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Seeing how third party games rarely move Xbox One's, and how Wii U has some awesome games coming next year, I seriously doubt the gap will be that big, if Xbox One can outsell Wii U in 2015 in the first place.

Wii U end 2015 18/20 M

XBox One end 2015 16 M

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

XBone will likely have a lead over WiiU by the End of 2015, but NOT 10 Million lead - thats not going to happen.
Neiter is WiiU selling only 3-4 million in 2015.

Xbox One will not have a 10 million lead over Wii U by late 2015 - prediction is flawed.

Holidays 2014 & 2015 will provide a considerable boost but do you think Wii U is just going to stall sales-wise?

A difference of between 5-10 million is possible though - depending on software output from Nintendo.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Xbox One should be at 12 million by the end of 2014

Wii U will be at 10 million by the end of 2014

Xbox One should be at 24 million by the end of 2015

Wii U will be around 13-14 million by the end of 2015

Xbox One will have a lead of ten million by the end of 2015!

XB1 end of 2014 sales : 8.3 - 9.7 mil

XB1 end of 2015 sales : 11.2 - 17.4 mil

Long story short, there is no guarantee that XB1 will even pass WiiU, and even if it does, the gap will definitely be much smaller.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Uh nope. Only way Xbox will significiently overtake at the current rate is if Xbox has a life about 2-3 years longer than the Wii U.
Which it likely will, but that just means overtake and lead of 10M by end of 2015 is impossible.

halo will have some impact toasty,but not as much as you think since a ton of 360 ppl already(and will continue) moved on to ps4 and will be playing the ps4 version of destiny instead...its gonna be some time before the xone has a 1(one) console lead,let alone 10 million over the wiiu... numbers are clearly showing ppl who buy multiple consoles are choosen wiiu as their second console.......wait till zelda launches next year,it'l be going head to head with uncharted,not halo

larrysdirtydrawss said:
halo will have some impact toasty,but not as much as you think since a ton of 360 ppl already(and will continue) moved on to ps4 and will be playing the ps4 version of destiny instead...its gonna be some time before the xone has a 1(one) console lead,let alone 10 million over the wiiu... numbers are clearly showing ppl who buy multiple consoles are choosen wiiu as their second console.......wait till zelda launches next year,it'l be going head to head with uncharted,not halo

Someone else sees the light. Another thing is the x1 has very few exclusives for next year, So it will probably be the x1's worst year, or at least worst then this one. 6m next year if they dont anounce at least 3 big games evenly spread out over the year.

Nintendo already anounced one for every month is releasing next year and who knows if some small multyplats comeback to the wii u. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

XONE wont pass WiiU. Simple like that