By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you accept higher prices for games in order to have fewer BS DLCs, micro transactions, etc?

How high would you be willing to pay per game if it meant no BS?

$90 per game is my limit if it means less BS 3 5.00%

$80, anything more and I ... 4 6.67%

$70 , dat $10 tip to end this shit 20 33.33%

I like the current model, thanks 30 50.00%

MOAR microtransactions, M... 3 5.00%

Total:60
Anfebious said:
If prices go up just a tiny little bit more... I will go back to my pirate days.

Or you could just wait for games to be on sale and not actively hurt the industry

Around the Network

No. You would still be getting the same amount of game, just for a higher price. I don't mind DLC at all, but microtrasactions I have a problem with.

Games are already more expensive than they probably need to be, there are arguments abound that the industry may see higher sales and profits were the cost of the games a bit lower, but of course that's simple conjecture. But increasing the prices even more now, for many it would turn a simple hobby into an extravagance. Besides, I honestly don't mind microtransactions, so long as they aren't invasive. Someone wants to drop a dollar on a new costume or weapon skin then that's their business and money wasted. Microtransactions that are so called "pay to win", especially in competitive multiplayer games, on the other hand, are might sketchier, but I don't often partake in multiplayer so that doesn't much affect my outlook either.

No... We shouldnt have to pay for the fail accounting that goes on in the games industry... We have better graphics but way shorter game length... Like, BF single player used to last 8+ hours, now it can hardly make it to 3... So nope, the companies need to quit putting a stick up their ass

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't care for most DLC So I'm fine. If I want to support the developer more I do it the usual way by stuffing a bunch of banknotes into an envelope and sending it directly to Whoever produces the next Final Fantasy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

No. It should be $60 or less for everything, and not everything should be $60 anyway. 10 hour or less campaign games should be $30 at most for everything. 2D games should be $20 at most. It's all too expensive.

Why should we have to pay for the exemption of micros-transactions?

If I had to pay $80 and it always allowed me to get all DLC included in the initial new price point, then that's what I would do. If I'm buying a game new either way, then chances are I know I'll like it as a consumer who researches into these kinds of investments before pulling the trigger.