By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you accept higher prices for games in order to have fewer BS DLCs, micro transactions, etc?

How high would you be willing to pay per game if it meant no BS?

$90 per game is my limit if it means less BS 3 5.00%

$80, anything more and I ... 4 6.67%

$70 , dat $10 tip to end this shit 20 33.33%

I like the current model, thanks 30 50.00%

MOAR microtransactions, M... 3 5.00%

Total:60

To be clear, I'm OK with the current system, the only thing I dislike is the subscription model trend EA started... I haven't found something so intrusive to be game breaking yet (maybe some BS DLC that were part of the main storyline in AC:B).

I just wanted to gauge the sentiment online. It seems that even though $60 in 2014 is the cheapest games have ever been, gamers think it's the limit.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

No.

Still, new games cost $100+ here

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

No. All that stuff is optional anyways.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

If prices go up just a tiny little bit more... I will go back to my pirate days.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Troll_Whisperer said:
To be clear, I'm OK with the current system, the only thing I dislike is the subscription model trend EA started... I haven't found something so intrusive to be game breaking yet (maybe some BS DLC that were part of the main storyline in AC:B).

I just wanted to gauge the sentiment online. It seems that even though $60 in 2014 is the cheapest games have ever been, gamers think it's the limit.

EA access doesn't really effect new games though. Its a back catalog optional service. And trend? That trend started with PS+ which has tons of value. 

Around the Network

I already pay $65 for a Wii U game and PS4 and Xbox One games can range from $75 to $85

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

No. DLC's optional. I never buy it. People that whine are the ones that don't have will power to just say no and move on. Or just wait for the GOTY:E.

Not sure why I should have to pay extra to get rid of stuff that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Nope. Keep things as they are, I don't mind.

No, we used to pay for games without BS, so 60-70 bucks for AAA games, no microstransactions, all on disc content unlocked and not a penny more.