By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: The Wii U will be getting a big 'Remastered' game in 2015

What do you think?

Majora's Mask 208 25.97%

Eternal Darkness 89 11.11%

Super Mario Sunshine 157 19.60%

Super Mario Galaxy 87 10.86%

Pokemon Snap 28 3.50%

Xenoblade Chronicles 56 6.99%

Other 93 11.61%

See Results 80 9.99%

Total:798
AZWification said:
RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

Those who hate the Italian plumber of course!

So... No one?

Mario is actually one of the most hated Nintendo franchises! It gets more hate than other big Ninty franchises like Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, etc..

Does Metroid even get hate?

Around the Network
Dannythegamer said:
Majora's Mask can not be, Zelda Wii U comes out in 2015, Nintendo has never released two games in the Zelda series in the same year for the same platform.
Probably Super Mario All Star HD or Super Mario Galaxy 1and 2 HD remaster. Or even a remake of Super Mario 64 with multiplayer and HD graphics (I think there was a rumor of it). Besides the more, 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the Mario Brothers series.
Metroid Prime Trilogy, I also wish it was a possibility.

OoT 3D and four swords anniversary. 

Clyde32 said:

Depends. Is it Other M? Then yes, everyone hates it for being bad.

Is it Prime (1/2/3)? Then no as they are some of the best FPS/Metroid/Platforming games ever made.

Vena said:
Clyde32 said:

Depends. Is it Other M? Then yes, everyone hates it for being bad.

Is it Prime (1/2/3)? Then no as they are some of the best FPS/Metroid/Platforming games ever made.

I meant as a series. 

Clyde32 said:

I meant as a series. 

In general, no as almost the entirety of its catalog is made up of genre defining games like Super Metroid and the Prime Series. Its several gameboy/DS instalments were all solidly made, well received games. Really, Other M is the only stain on an otherwise nigh-spotless franchise.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Dannythegamer said:
Majora's Mask can not be, Zelda Wii U comes out in 2015, Nintendo has never released two games in the Zelda series in the same year for the same platform.
Probably Super Mario All Star HD or Super Mario Galaxy 1and 2 HD remaster. Or even a remake of Super Mario 64 with multiplayer and HD graphics (I think there was a rumor of it). Besides the more, 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the Mario Brothers series.
Metroid Prime Trilogy, I also wish it was a possibility.

OoT 3D and four swords anniversary. 

Four Swords was not a retail release, plus both are ports, I think Nintendo will not release a remake (retail) along with the release of the next main game in the series for the same console in the same year. Majoras mask makes more sense for 3DS over WiiU, in a commercial context.

Hopefully it is something good, and wanted, not something that only the core of the fanbase will like, but what surprises me is the one game per month thing.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Kid Icarus Uprising, just saying.
Anyway I'd love Prime, I would buy it for the 3rd time.

mZuzek said:
To be honest, I'd love a Twilight Princess remake... though a full on remake with a lot of effort put into it, not something half-assed like Wind Waker HD. I mean, don't get me wrong, WWHD is fine as it is, but that's because the original game aged very well.

Twilight Princess aged horribly. I'd love to see it remade with stunning graphics and orchestrated music. It won't happen, though... at least not this generation, I guess.

As for Majora's Mask... I was hoping it would come to the 3DS and still do. I just feel it would be better on a handheld, plus OOT3D worked really well.

I feel like OoT and MM are meant for controllers. Which is why OoT 3D didn't sit well with me. And Im sure I am not alone in this sentiment. 

mZuzek said:
Clyde32 said:

I feel like OoT and MM are meant for controllers. Which is why OoT 3D didn't sit well with me. And Im sure I am not alone in this sentiment. 

I'd take a 3DS over that horrible N64 controller every day.

You kidding me? The N64 analogue beats the 3DS analogue any day of the week.