By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is MS drying up supply before a re-launch?

ArtofAngels said:
Why would the dry up supply? That's just stupid, it's funny the excuses you guys come up with because 360 sales are becoming so worrisome.

When an empire and/or a former monopolist start declining, simple minds' cosmology and sense of stability and  reassurance go awry, so they react convulsively

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Average person 3 skus
Fanboys 6+ skus

This could be true ... it would be a smart move from MS :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Why stop at the Halo console? Let's include bundles while we're at it. There has been a VP bundle, a M:UA/Forza bundle, etc. etc...

MS has improved their SKUs by adding features as time went on. That's what most consoles do in their second and third years.

Sony, on the other hand, has been neutering their console. Big difference there. BTW, are we going to start counting the white/silver PS3s as new SKUs when they release?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Im not sure if I believe the 360 supply rumors. I see them everywhere, but I have only seen 1 Wii in 1 store, 1 time in my life. It might just be that its been out for awhile, and its not as new as the other 2 consoles. I hope they are fixing the RROD problem, that would help.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
damkira said:
How long will a new SKU prop up the 360? There's been.. what? Three skus of the 360, which is less than what the PS3 had and its in last place and its not like they can tout the hd dvd player anymore.

1. Where the hell did you get 5 SKUs from? There's the Core/Arcade (which are EXACTLY the same except that Arcade comes with a memory card and some XBLA games), the Pro (20-gig) system, and the Elite (120-gig) system. Maybe you're counting the Halo 3 edition, which is a Pro console with a custom skin? Or the Pro bundle that has Marvel and Forza with it? If that's the case, then Ps3 has had at least 7 SKUs, and PS2 has had at least 30.

2. They never touted the HD-DVD player. If they were touting it, they would have had it built-in. What they did was say 'hey, it's there if you want it.'

3. If 360 is in last place, then where does that leave the PS3, which is 7 million consoles behind?

I didn't know the core and the arcade were the same thing, but I do count the Halo 3 as a separate sku. That makes four... not to mention, they were released at different times and none really improved the 360s market position. 

They promoted HD-DVD like crazy. I'll post links if you don't believe me.

As for my languishing in last place comment, the numbers are on this website for all to see. Microsoft used to be able to claim the American market, but they can't anymore because the 360 has sold less than the PS3 all month. 360 has also fallen greatly behind in Europe and is nearly non-existant in Japan. 

@Me @rocketpig

And also integrated Wlan would be nice.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

kowenicki said:
damkira said:
thekitchensink said:
damkira said:
How long will a new SKU prop up the 360? There's been.. what? Three skus of the 360, which is less than what the PS3 had and its in last place and its not like they can tout the hd dvd player anymore.

1. Where the hell did you get 5 SKUs from? There's the Core/Arcade (which are EXACTLY the same except that Arcade comes with a memory card and some XBLA games), the Pro (20-gig) system, and the Elite (120-gig) system. Maybe you're counting the Halo 3 edition, which is a Pro console with a custom skin? Or the Pro bundle that has Marvel and Forza with it? If that's the case, then Ps3 has had at least 7 SKUs, and PS2 has had at least 30.

2. They never touted the HD-DVD player. If they were touting it, they would have had it built-in. What they did was say 'hey, it's there if you want it.'

3. If 360 is in last place, then where does that leave the PS3, which is 7 million consoles behind?

I didn't know the core and the arcade were the same thing, but I do count the Halo 3 as a separate sku. That makes four... not to mention, they were released at different times and none really improved the 360s market position. 

They promoted HD-DVD like crazy. I'll post links if you don't believe me.

As for my languishing in last place comment, the numbers are on this website for all to see. Microsoft used to be able to claim the American market, but they can't anymore because the 360 has sold less than the PS3 all month. 360 has also fallen greatly behind in Europe and is nearly non-existant in Japan. 

How deluded are you!?  The PS3 is millions further behind in the US now than it was a year ago.  So its outsold the 360 by a small amount over the last few weeks.... big deal..  Lets check the sales figures again in March and April.. Im guessing the PS3 will still be further behind in the US at the end of '08 than it was at the end of '06.

compare first year of sales vs first year of sales. PS3 wins. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

No, it doesn't.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&weeks=156

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

No, it doesn't.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS3®1=America&cons2=PS3®2=America&cons3=X360®3=America&weeks=156

You know ssj12 always means worldwide :)