By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Now for PC could be a game changer for Sony

Why aren't Sony jumping on this?! Gaikai has proven it works streaming to a PC, I can't see how they can't bring it to PC when they can bring it to vita and ps3.

It's unannounced as of yet, but Sony should have really announced it for PC at gamescom, as well as a beta.

They could tactically use PS Now to actually get more PC folk to buy a PS4. Imagine them releasing Uncharted 1 now, Uncharted 2 towards end of december & Uncharted 3 mid 2015 all on PS Now for PC. Those who loved the game will definitely want to pick up a PS4.

Same for games like infamous, these are games that are already released and will barely sell anymore copies, but they can find a new lease of life.

It really is essentially free money. It can be competitive in the PC Market and feature just console or ps3 exclusives. Most PC players, especially your dedicated battlefield/skyrim players have rigs powerful enough to run gaikai and have internet connections which are excellent, and usually more often than not, wired.

Also, those who own xbox one / 360 and don't own ps3/ps4 could go to their decent pc's to play the uncharted, or the heavenly swords and decide "Hell, I like Heavenly Sword, I'm gonna buy a PS4 for the spiritual sequel Hells Blade"

You can even shove it with advertisements for the games sequels, and ps4/vita console ads. It's your platform there to make money from a new market, the PC market.

Sony, DO IT!

Around the Network

PC has been announced since forever. we don't have a release date yet but sony has clearly said PC will be supported.

it would be funny to see ps now on steam though :D

I think they should release it for MS store so I can play it on my Surface. That way, when W8 apps become available on X1, I can play the PS library there :).

kitler53 said:
PC has been announced since forever. we don't have a release date yet but sony has clearly said PC will be supported.

I dont think they have, only announced for PS3, 4, vita and TV's as of yet.

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
kitler53 said:

I dont think they have, only announced for PS3, 4, vita and TV's as of yet.

..and smartphones and tablets very officially. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/07/playstation-now-streaming-game-service-coming-this-summer/

but the PR has always been to support all possible internet connected devices.   i absolutly get why they are focusing on playstation hardware first but i guarentee it will come to PC eventually.     it's the same with games support.   right now it is only ps3 titles but ps1/2/vita/4 titles will happen eventually.

But that would diminish PS3 sales, and they earn a decent amount of cash from those. It will happen in the future, they even said so, but not before the PS3 stops selling.

Nah, I don't see the point.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Nah, I don't see the point.

All SCE's revenue comes from their playstation market. 

This brings money from the PC Market to sony, as well as the possibility of PC players buying PS4's to play the sequels to the games they really enjoyed on ps now, ala infamous, uncharted

Its gonna happen, they just aren't harping on about it much.