By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Boycott Rise of Tomb Raider PS4/PS3

Ali_16x said:
jlmurph2 said:

Been that way for almost 10 years. And they're quality

Oh right, quality, somehow releasing the same game with nothing new but tracks and cars and can't even get dynamic weather is quality. 

GT6 had moon racing, something that is rarely done, it also has dynamic weather which Forza still can't do. Don't say Forza Horizon 2 because it's a spin off and not even by the original developers and I wouldn't be surprised if Forza 6 doesn't have dynamic weather but if they do, it won't be 60fps.

Well yeah I guess that can happen when working on new hardware. Probably why GT6 wasn't on PS4. But yes, Forza is quality

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Fable Legends release date is TBA and no offense but the game doesn't even look that good. I've seen indie titles that look better. I'll be playing the beta in October, but I am not expecting much from this (Plus Batman & Dragon Age are higher on the list in that month). The animations don't even look that good for a AAA budget venture. Hopefully we're looking for an early build of this game because Fable without a story is just plain boring. Its aimless and will get old quickly just like Titanfall managed to be.

Beta is October 16th I think, and it is confirmed for 2015

He also forgot to add Drive Club to his list and Guerilla Games new IP is being revealed next year. Sony stated they have more games to reveal at TGS that they held back from Gamescom so MS might need to go back into that wallet. They've done it from the start of this gen so see how much deeper they can go.

If you're adding DriveClub should I add Sunset Overdrive?

jlmurph2 said:
Ali_16x said:

Oh right, quality, somehow releasing the same game with nothing new but tracks and cars and can't even get dynamic weather is quality. 

GT6 had moon racing, something that is rarely done, it also has dynamic weather which Forza still can't do. Don't say Forza Horizon 2 because it's a spin off and not even by the original developers and I wouldn't be surprised if Forza 6 doesn't have dynamic weather but if they do, it won't be 60fps.

Well yeah I guess that can happen when working on new hardware. Probably why GT6 wasn't on PS4. But yes, Forza is quality

Gran Turismo 7 is coming in 2015. Add that to the list. Isn't first party an amazing asset when you use them properly?

Forza and GT are both quality games but if GT7 fixes the issues with GT6 and fixes the physics and graphics for the next gen Forza is in trouble next year.

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-release-date-new-game-likely-in-2015-polyphony-to-add-more-racing-cars-keeping-older-models-17102/

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ali_16x said:

Gran Turismo 7 is coming in 2015. Add that to the list. Isn't first party an amazing asset when you use them properly?

Sure its not GT7 prologue or something? That's like me saying Crackdown is coming 2015. 

jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He also forgot to add Drive Club to his list and Guerilla Games new IP is being revealed next year. Sony stated they have more games to reveal at TGS that they held back from Gamescom so MS might need to go back into that wallet. They've done it from the start of this gen so see how much deeper they can go.

Go ahead. At least thats a real exclusive and you're using Tomb Raider which is a timed exclusive. Its not like Sony hasn't dealt with handicaps from MS before. The first three years of the 360 was MS purchasing exclusivity of third party and keeping them away from Sony. Looks like they haven't changed up the gameplan. Sony got Bioshock a year late. Lets see how late they'll get Tomb Raider 2. We also have TGS coming so hold onto your hand.

P.S.

Why don't you add Little Big Planet 3 to that list as well, shall we? :)

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sure its not GT7 prologue or something? That's like me saying Crackdown is coming 2015. 

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-release-date-new-game-likely-in-2015-polyphony-to-add-more-racing-cars-keeping-older-models-17102/

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Go ahead. At least thats a real exclusive and you're using Tomb Raider which is a timed exclusive. Its not like Sony hasn't dealt with handicaps from MS before. The first three years of the 360 was MS purchasing exclusivity of third party and keeping them away from Sony. Looks like they haven't changed up the gameplan. Sony got Bioshock a year late. Lets see how late they'll get Tomb Raider 2. We also have TGS coming so hold onto your hand.

P.S.

Why don't you add Little Big Planet 3 to that list as well, shall we? :)

*sigh* my point was that his list is for 2015 games. Not games releasing this year. 

Well, it will sell poorly regardless...just let the market play its game, boycotting a product is just useless. What I can do, though, is buying it when I find a used copy at 15 €...and I will, indeed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nowhere in that article is there a 2015 confirmation. 

Xbox has no games;..And when it has you want to boycott...