By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Week 32 (August 04 - 10)

ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

Yeah its overused but oh wells, underpreformed, bomed, basically the same thing =P

Also GT6 did bomb, HARD! But then again we all expected it to.

What has the gaming industry (for Sales) have become?????? :'-(

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

Yeah its overused but oh wells, underpreformed, bomed, basically the same thing =P

Also GT6 did bomb, HARD! But then again we all expected it to.

What has the gaming industry (for Sales) have become?????? :'-(

Even GT5 Prolgue outsold it FFS, GT comes with high expectations.

If a new line Pokemon game sold sub 5m guess what, it too would be a failure. Not just in fans eyes but Nintendo's too. 

Kresnik said:
pokoko said:

Bombed in comparison to the Vita game or to the first 3DS game?

Lowest sales of a Senran Kagura game yet.  Previous low was the first one on 3DS (51k).

It's not like it's really going to make it up through legs either.  People know about Senran Kagura now, they know what it is and what to expect from it.

Like i said it underperformed, bomb is wat Yakuza 1+2 hd did on wiiu, bomb is where that mobile game (Something with a G) did on 3ds (shipped 100k, sold about 7k ltd O.o).

I mean by your logic pokemon bombed badly over the past couple of years!

tbone51 said:

Dont you think the word Bomb is overrated? I mean if This game bombed wat about many many many others? Not saying it did well because it did underperform (and its not like its a game i care for) but my god 46k  FW while the other 2 3ds games did 69k/51k.

I dont kno why but i think alot of people are blowing this out of the water. Seriously even if the game was expected to do 60k-80k, 46k isnt even half of that. 

Its GT6 all over again O.o, it didn't bomb, it underperformed!!! I could see if This game did under 20k to call it a flop/bomb, but its barely 10% down from the last game>_<

Yep, I think it bombed.  And I think Gran Turismo 6 bombed too.  Everything is relative.

You have a franchise that's constantly growing with every installment, peaking at 90k with the last game, and now sales have literally halved.  91k -> 46k.  I'd call that bombing!

You know we're not going to agree on this though, right?  You're positive about everything; I'm negative about everything.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Wii U selling 250% more than PS4.
Number 1 next gen console in Japan.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Like i said it underperformed, bomb is wat Yakuza 1+2 hd did on wiiu, bomb is where that mobile game (Something with a G) did on 3ds (shipped 100k, sold about 7k ltd O.o).

Gaist Crusher.  And yes, that bombed too.

ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:
ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:

If a new line Pokemon game sold sub 5m guess what, it too would be a failure. Not just in fans eyes but Nintendo's too. 

Wow, no that wouldn't be a failure XD. Thats like saying GTA6 doing 25mil WW and calling it a failure!!

Pokemon New Gen games can sell 2mil and thats very successful. Hell they can sell 1mil and that brings alot of money. XY wont do 5mil lifetime, it'll probably end up at 4.6mil-4.8mil lifetime, calling that a failure is a little bizarre since it'll be along with AC:NL the best selling games this generation and by FAR

This boost the Wii U saw is interesting. I wonder if we'll see similar boosts in the weeks prior to HW releasing in other areas of the world. Or is this only Japanese hype that won't occur in the States/Europe?

tbone51 said:
ktay95 said:

Wow, no that wouldn't be a failure XD. Thats like saying GTA6 doing 25mil WW and calling it a failure!!

Pokemon New Gen games can sell 2mil and thats very successful. Hell they can sell 1mil and that brings alot of money. XY wont do 5mil lifetime, it'll probably end up at 4.6mil-4.8mil lifetime, calling that a failure is a little bizarre since it'll be along with AC:NL the best selling games this generation and by FAR

Lol you know I meant worldwide. 5mil WW wouldnt even break even

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Yep, I think it bombed.  And I think Gran Turismo 6 bombed too.  Everything is relative.

You have a franchise that's constantly growing with every installment, peaking at 90k with the last game, and now sales have literally halved.  91k -> 46k.  I'd call that bombing!

You know we're not going to agree on this though, right?  You're positive about everything; I'm negative about everything.  The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Pokemon Red/Blue = 10mil+, Other Main pokemon 5.3mil-5.8mil= Bomb :O  I could do alot more ;)

As for your last comment, Ying+Yang my friend, Thats all i need to say :P