By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Week 32 (August 04 - 10)

Kresnik said:
Might as well say what I said on GAF:

Senran Kagura bombed. No two ways about it. That's a terrible number.

Bombed in comparison to the Vita game or to the first 3DS game?

Around the Network

Sony should make a Freedom Wars anime, that will provide quite the boost to the game.

Anyway, YW2 is beasting as always, and Senran Kagura did a little below of what I expected (I expected 55k).
I feel sorry for Lost Dimension, that game looks very good, hopefully is localized

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

OfficerRaichu15 said:
ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:
So much Nintendo domination! YAY!

A minute of silence for the PS4 guys... The situation in Japan is not looking good...

On the plus side we finally got another Japanese PS4 game announced... kinda =P

P.T or Silent Hills as its actually called is in development, we just have to wait... like every other Japan centric game.

I would love another silent hill game on ps4 they are my favorite.

No kidding! But the new Silent Hill has to be like the older ones if it's going to be any good.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:
So much Nintendo domination! YAY!

A minute of silence for the PS4 guys... The situation in Japan is not looking good...

On the plus side we finally got another Japanese PS4 game announced... kinda =P

P.T or Silent Hills as its actually called is in development, we just have to wait... like every other Japan centric game.

I would love another silent hill game on ps4 they are my favorite.

No kidding! But the new Silent Hill has to be like the older ones if it's going to be any good.

originals always the best

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Kresnik said:

Dont you think the word Bomb is overrated? I mean if This game bombed wat about many many many others? Not saying it did well because it did underperform (and its not like its a game i care for) but my god 46k  FW while the other 2 3ds games did 69k/51k.

I dont kno why but i think alot of people are blowing this out of the water. Seriously even if the game was expected to do 60k-80k, 46k isnt even half of that. 

Its GT6 all over again O.o, it didn't bomb, it underperformed!!! I could see if This game did under 20k to call it a flop/bomb, but its barely 10% down from the last game>_<

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Kresnik said:

The vita game did 90k FW, even if we compare it to that, is 46k really a bomb O.o (comparing it to the other 3ds games, it isnt bad at all 69k/51k)

pokoko said:
Kresnik said:

Actually there is 2 3DS games and 1 Vita game before this one to compare it too.

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Shoujotachi no Shoumei PSV 2013 Action Marvelous Entertainment 0.00 0.00 0.16 0.00 0.16
2 Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei 3DS 2011 Action Marvelous Interactive 0.00 0.00 0.16 0.00 0.16
3 Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi 3DS 2012 Action Marvelous Entertainment 0.00 0.00 0.14 0.00 0.14

I would say it bombed compared to all of them.

tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

Dont you think the word Bomb is overrated? I mean if This game bombed wat about many many many others? Not saying it did well because it did underperform (and its not like its a game i care for) but my god 46k  FW while the other 2 3ds games did 69k/51k.

I dont kno why but i think alot of people are blowing this out of the water. Seriously even if the game was expected to do 60k-80k, 46k isnt even half of that. 

Its GT6 all over again O.o, it didn't bomb, it underperformed!!! I could see if This game did under 20k to call it a flop/bomb, but its barely 10% down from the last game>_<

Yeah its overused but oh wells, underpreformed, bomed, basically the same thing =P

Also GT6 did bomb, HARD! But then again we all expected it to.

ktay95 said:
pokoko said:
Kresnik said:

Actually there is 2 3DS games and 1 Vita game before this one to compare it too.

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Shoujotachi no Shoumei PSV 2013 Action Marvelous Entertainment 0.00 0.00 0.16 0.00 0.16
2 Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei 3DS 2011 Action Marvelous Interactive 0.00 0.00 0.16 0.00 0.16
3 Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi 3DS 2012 Action Marvelous Entertainment 0.00 0.00 0.14 0.00 0.14

I would say it bombed compared to all of them.

Why not compare FW instead? (90k: Vita) (69k/51k: 3DS) Not a bomb.

Would you call Mario+Luigi Dream Team a Bomb in japan? (102k FW vs 212k for Bowser's Inside Story)

There should be a difference between Bomb/Flop and underperforming. If people see something not do as good, they raise up the "Bomb" flag up way to quick!

pokoko said:

Lowest sales of a Senran Kagura game yet.  Previous low was the first one on 3DS (51k).

It's not like it's really going to make it up through legs either.  People know about Senran Kagura now, they know what it is and what to expect from it.