By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer confirms: Tomb Raider deal "has a duration" (also cross gen)

MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:
Well, yes, I am quite proud of my brain. It has brought me far so there's no reason for me to take that as an insult.

Now, to get back on-topic: I wonder how long it lasts. 6 months? I think so.

Yeah probbaly 6 months. More than that will hurt the franchise. 

i think it will be a summer release or in march. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Now for Sony or Konami to say that the new Silent Hill is PS4 exclusive and for the whole situation to be turned on its head.

hahaha that would be funny. xD 

I honestly don't know how I would react to that, after all I was or still am pretty pissed at (mainly) SE for doing this with Tomb Raider, so it would be kinda hypocritical of me to laugh if Silent Hill became PS4 exclusive. lol

There wouldn't be any problem if it was exclusive IMO, thats how business works.

Plus it would be hard for Xbox fans to be angry after tomb raider anyway lol.

This is what this industry needs! More honesty! Just man up and say it and people will respect you more. Phil is way better than that fucking douchbag greenburg!

Last gen lore still holds true

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

lol Crystal Dynamics cracked up pretty fast! The folks at Platinum Games were tougher than that

Around the Network

Can people please stop acting like it's the end of the world now?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Seriously this is terribel PR, ppl saying Spencer is always honest, this and that, this is a terribad way to deal with the situation what are they thinking. This exclusive deal only harmed Xboxs image it was super badly handled.

Dark_Feanor said:
"Plants vs Zombies Garden Warafe" didn´t sparkled that much of a backslash.

Nor Dead Rising 3, nor Ryse, nor Sunset Overdrive...

The colorary is: "Microsoft can have third party exclusives only if no one care about them".

Microsoft can´t win. I admire them to try to fight in such a backward market.

Nothing to "admire" there really, any of those deals, being Tomb Raider, Destiny, Titanfall  or whatever games never take the interest of players first, only deals signed over money that are covered by PR bull, it's just funny to read CD say "microsoft are our friends", not friendship there, just simple business.

But still, the negative backslash must have been real if they felt the need to confirm it was a temporaty deal that fast.

That's all they had to say.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Micro$oft and PR, lol...