By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My "John Lucas" prediction for the PlayStation 3!!

Wont happen. Sorry D.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network
Alexie Di Onie said:
I think that prediction is impossible, not only is the 360 supply constrained (why I don't know but apparently it is), but with Gears coming out, and a 7 million unit lead, incredibly unlikely, unless 360 sales drop off, by a lot, which I can't see happening

why not its been getting worse and worse for them and PS3s big guns have YET to Ship.

360 has no hardware movers, Gears wont move hardware it will just satisfy the shooter fan xbots.  PS3 on the other hand has massive franchises of many differant genres coming its ways.

woah, that's a bold prediction. I can only see it happening if and ONLY IF FFXIII gets released in Japan in November.

and even that it's a stretch.

Yeah bud, you are on yoru own on this one. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think you are missing a couple of points.

First, what if the 360 price cut, coupled with GTA IV doing better than expected slows PS3 sales tremendously?

Second, what if the PS3 is being bought feverishly by folks who were waiting for the end of the HD format war?

Third, what about folks buying the PS3 with those bigger than average tax refunds and rebate checks?

Add those factors in, please and call me in the morning.

hmmm... I think this may be a joke.. his john lucas refrence may just... i dont know

Around the Network

You're probably right. Things are really falling into place for Sony like I thought they never would. It will probably catch up sometime in the Fall, which is horrible considering the 360 had a year start. They must really be nervous at Microsoft. They need to have something pretty good up their sleeves if they ever hope to catch up.

madskillz said:
I think you are missing a couple of points.

First, what if the 360 price cut, coupled with GTA IV doing better than expected slows PS3 sales tremendously?

Second, what if the PS3 is being bought feverishly by folks who were waiting for the end of the HD format war?

Third, what about folks buying the PS3 with those bigger than average tax refunds and rebate checks?

Add those factors in, please and call me in the morning.
How would GTAIV, a multiplatform game, slow the ps3's sales in any way?  It will only boost sales for both consoles, 360 price drop or not.

And your third point would have an equal impact on sales of both the 360 and ps3. 

Of course, I'm not saying I agree with DMeisterJ's prediction. :P   

PooperScooper said:
hmmm... I think this may be a joke.. his john lucas refrence may just... i dont know

Well, according to John Lucas, MGS4 will be 360 exclusive. ;)

DMeisterJ said:

Okay here is my prediction for the PlayStation 3. I'm not going to give you a laundry list of games or anything like that, just pure facts:

The PS3 has been outselling the XBOX 360 worldwide for the last twelve or thirteen weeks. The amount that it's outsold 360 by has increased from 5-10k/week, to now outselling it by ~50k per week. So here is my prediction. That by the end of the Summer, the PS3 will be outselling the XBOX 360 on a weekly basis by 80-120k/week, and WILL catch up to the XBOX 360 by the end of the year.

You can't call this a John Lucas prediction DMeisterJ.  John Lucas' predictions have a chance of being accurate:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okay here is my prediction for the PlayStation 3. I'm not going to give you a laundry list of games or anything like that, just pure facts:

The PS3 has been outselling the XBOX 360 worldwide for the last twelve or thirteen weeks. The amount that it's outsold 360 by has increased from 5-10k/week, to now outselling it by ~50k per week. So here is my prediction. That by the end of the Summer, the PS3 will be outselling the XBOX 360 on a weekly basis by 80-120k/week, and WILL catch up to the XBOX 360 by the end of the year.

DMeisterJ - Trying hard not to be a fanboy

Sorry, but this oppurtunity was just a too good one to pass up. No offense, man.

I could try to make my own clever reponse, but there's just no way to compete with this.

As for a serious response ... well, I think "johnlucas prediction" is a pretty good self-description. But, and I hope you don't take offense, this sounds a little bit more like a CrazzyMan prediction.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!