By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix just Killed a potentially huge franchise.

Dark_Feanor said:
Normchacho said:
Either it's timed or that decision was made early on...because I can't believe they would want it to be exclusive to the Xbox One now that we know the PS4 has already reached 10 million sold.

I don´t think they are stupids or any thing else but make money.

SE financial is not in great shape. They need money now, or they may be risking future projects in any platform.

The PS4 lead is not overwelming. And in fact it dosen´t matter when both consoles are so similar and more important, similar to a standard PC.

Developers and publishers have much more lavarege this time than last gen over the console manufactures.

It dosen´t even matter if the PS4 reach 200mi vs 20mi XOnes. There are still 4bi PCs, 2Bi smartphones and 1Bi tablets.

The ps4 lead is overwhelming. Every week the ps4 gets closer to possesing 50% market share in the gen. The ps4 currently has double the sales of the xbox one, and, based on sales, that's how it's going to continue to be. Closeness in tech to competitors doesn't matter. If you're imediately cutting yourself off from 80% of people who might buy your game, you're hurting yourself. and your last comment is completely irrelavent. 

Around the Network

Dude who wrote this post is just another pissed of psfanboy, deal with it.

Edit: Moderated - Starlord.

Danman27 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Normchacho said:
Either it's timed or that decision was made early on...because I can't believe they would want it to be exclusive to the Xbox One now that we know the PS4 has already reached 10 million sold.

I don´t think they are stupids or any thing else but make money.

SE financial is not in great shape. They need money now, or they may be risking future projects in any platform.

The PS4 lead is not overwelming. And in fact it dosen´t matter when both consoles are so similar and more important, similar to a standard PC.

Developers and publishers have much more lavarege this time than last gen over the console manufactures.

It dosen´t even matter if the PS4 reach 200mi vs 20mi XOnes. There are still 4bi PCs, 2Bi smartphones and 1Bi tablets.

The ps4 lead is overwhelming. Every week the ps4 gets closer to possesing 50% market share in the gen. The ps4 currently has double the sales of the xbox one, and, based on sales, that's how it's going to continue to be. Closeness in tech to competitors doesn't matter. If you're imediately cutting yourself off from 80% of people who might buy your game, you're hurting yourself. and your last comment is completely irrelavent. 

Ok, so you think third part publishers and developers will stop supporting the XOne and go full exclusiviness to an allmight PS4?

Yeah... I don´t think so.

That is what I mean by "not overwelming". The Wii at some point had a 30mi lead over the 360 and was pulling more than PS3+360.

The 360 had for more than 3 years a 10mi WW lead over the PS3.

Things changed, things are changing, things will change.

Sony can´t sit on the PS4 early success and think that the others 150mi gamers from last gen will come easely to the PS4. 

Even if Microsoft decide to quit the console maket pubshers and developers won´t bend the knee to a single manufactory.

The home console bussiness is not that atractive. Microsoft was the last company to enter the market, more than 12 years ago.

Where is Apple, Google, Samsung, LG to fight for that big of a market?

Again, publishers won´t let them be dependent on only one console, even if it has 80% of the market you think it will have.

BeElite said:
Maybe but I'm sure MS payed out their ass for it.

And exclusive 2015 ?? I'm betting PS4 is getting the ultimate all dlc edition early in 2016 or else yahh they reallt killed the franchise.

I doubt MS would "Pay out the ass" for it to be exclusive for a few months, would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole deal.

Totally agreed!

Around the Network
Xevross said:

Before we get too dramatic, remember that the evidence now points to it only being timed. Even so, they have definitely done a fair amount of damage

There is actually no evidence to suggest that its timed that I have seen. 

No journalist appears to have actually been told that its timed, just that they have extrapolated that from the repeating of the exact same wording. Even then, much of the issue with the wording has centred on whether the game may also come to Xbox 360, not just Xbox One.

Whilst that makes it possible of course, given precedent, the only 'evidence' that actually exists says that this game will launch exclusively on Xbox in 2015.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
starcraft said:

There is actually no evidence to suggest that its timed that I have seen. 

No journalist appears to have actually been told that its timed, just that they have extrapolated that from the repeating of the exact same wording. Even then, much of the issue with the wording has centred on whether the game may also come to Xbox 360, not just Xbox One.

Whilst that makes it possible of course, given precedent, the only 'evidence' that actually exists says that this game will launch exclusively on Xbox in 2015.

because they would tell them and get lower sales.

want to bet this is timed exclusive? you permabann me if i lose and if i win you stop being a mod? do we have a deal?

There is substantial evidence that you ignored most of what I wrote. I made it clear that it is possible that the game will be timed exclusive, but that no evidence exists to suggest that.

As to the bet? I would love to take it, but am not in a positition to do so. I have no right to gamble with the modship of the site's most effective and celebrated moderator.

By which I mean Axum...of course.

Eh. MS prolly rescued SE from having to shelf TR, like they rescued TF. If they did so, I say good on them. I would much rather have a game come out (even if it was from a console I didn't own) than have one get cancelled.

However, if they didn't need to sell out to MS to make the game, then I would say they made a biiiig mistake just alienating a huge chunk of their market.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
starcraft said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

because they would tell them and get lower sales.

want to bet this is timed exclusive? you permabann me if i lose and if i win you stop being a mod? do we have a deal?

There is substantial evidence that you ignored most of what I wrote. I made it clear that it is possible that the game will be timed exclusive, but that no evidence exists to suggest that.

As to the bet? I would love to take it, but am not in a positition to do so. I have no right to gamble with the modship of the site's most effective and celebrated moderator.

you are right we cant bet, vgchartz cant lose a mod like you.

I accept your adoration with open arms.