By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

What a raging on the comment section!

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
or "How to kill a franchise"

1. Reboot it so it doesn't esemble the original at all.

2. Make it exclusive to a console where the majority of the fanbase will not play it.

dear god,. seriously.

fuck ms.  fuck SE for taking the money which inevitably won't be even close to the amount of money they'll miss out on by not being on ps4.   i really liked the last tomb raider and was looking forward to playing this.   just fuck MS and their console assholery. 

the silver lining of course being that MS lies and this won't actually be exclusive.  might not come to ps4 but it will come to PC eventually i'm sure of that.

It's timed though. I can smell it in the way he says "Tomb Raider exclusive for holiday 2015"

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Seihaku said:

Seems like another instance of big pockets for ultimately little reward. I loved the most recent Tomb Raider though at this point, not enough to add another console to my home theater.

Really? You mean to tell me that millions of hearts crushed isn't worth anything? That's like priceless, bro.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Goatseye said:
FATALITY said:
ive never been so salty over a game in my entire life ha ha ha ha ha

I hope you promote Tomb Raider in Portugal man.

O caralho! lol

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
It's timed though. I can smell it in the way he says "Tomb Raider exclusive for holiday 2015"

Yea i got that impression as well.

Wright said:

I don't see why people get salty with this. Just get an Xbox One and you're all set guys :)

no.  just no.  i will not reward assholery.   i was considering a second console for the living room eventually to replace my ps3.  i mostly use that for netflix but the ps3's OS is soo slow i'd like to upgrade to something better at some point.  any chance that i would have gotten an xbox died today. 

teigaga said:

Tomb Raider was announced for PS4...

Thats the key thing.

A game being announced as an exclusive is very different from a game being announced as a multiplatform release, then someone like microsoft paying for the ps4 version to be canned or delayed. It would be exactly the same if sony bought exclusivity to Batman Arkham Knight after its already been announced for Xbox One.

Any respectable publisher would avoid this but clearly square enix is lacking in that department.

That's as bad as saying you can't put the game on 360 due to storage limitations, then proceed to announce Vita version.

A middle finger is a middle finger, no matter the extent. So yes, go purchase an Xbox One, as I will purchase a Ps3 for Chrono Phantasma.

This reminds me of the big middle finger Capcom gave Playstation fans all those years ago when it pulled the well established Resident Evil series from the Playstation to give exclusivity to Nintendo via the Gamecube.

Perplexing decision, really. I expect the Xbox One to establish much better sales by then but it is still a franchise that has been heavily associated with the PS brand. They have to understand that no matter what the Xbox One install base is by that time that sales are going to suffer tremendously.

Not sure what executive thought this was a good idea. Good get for Microsoft, though. I just would temper expectations as far as sales go that is for sure.

Ninsect said:

Ehm, it's not timed...