By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is Beasting in the Games Department!

It is true XOne is doing very well on the games. I know Tostboy has a track record of flaming Playstation a bit and doing some flame baitesque threads but he is just stating that XOne has a bunch of good games launched and coming on the future and makes no relation to the PS4 whatsoever. Thats rpetty much a fact, XOne has a bunch of great games.

Around the Network

It's only got a couple more games than PS4 and some X1 exclusives are making their way to PC now. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 so far.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
It's only got a couple more games than PS4 and some X1 exclusives are making their way to PC now. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 so far.

Actually it has less games then ps4. Both currently out and announced for the next few years.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Avro1958 said:
Thing is games like LBP 3, TLoU are exclusives, as is games like Mario Kart on WiiU and 3DS. I cannot buy a XB1 to play either nor can I buy a PS4 to play Mario Kart. They are Exclusive to the brand. However I can use my PC to buy games like Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Max: CoTB via Steam OS... I don't even need a MS product to do so! So while you could call them "console exclusive" I would rather have "brand exclusive". However even going as far as going with "console" and "brand" exclusive is crazy... I wonder when the word exclusive really changed in terms of describing a games availability.

No, Exclusive describes only being on one platform not brand just like multiplat describes being on multiple platforms not multiple brands.

All else are simply different types of multiplats, in the same way that all closed many sided figures are polygons.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Thing is I would not describe LBP 3 as a multiplatform game though... I mean, yes it's out on both the PS3 and PS4 but it is exclusive... I think of exclusives as something I cannot get on another company's system. Same goes with Forza... Now a game like Dead Rising 3 I can get on another competing platform so IMO is not a true exclusive anymore. People were talking about how Mario Kart 8 was not an exclusive as you could get it on the 3ds and that it would steal sales... Do you really think Nintendo cared? They were getting paid either way..

Around the Network
Avro1958 said:
Thing is I would not describe LBP 3 as a multiplatform game though... I mean, yes it's out on both the PS3 and PS4 but it is exclusive... I think of exclusives as something I cannot get on another company's system. Same goes with Forza... Now a game like Dead Rising 3 I can get on another competing platform so IMO is not a true exclusive anymore. People were talking about how Mario Kart 8 was not an exclusive as you could get it on the 3ds and that it would steal sales... Do you really think Nintendo cared? They were getting paid either way..

If a definition changes based on how you think about it, then thats not really a definition now is it?

An apple is still an apple even if somebody thinks its a pear.

LBP3 is exclusive to the Playstation Brand, and Sony wants to call it exclusive because its sounds better than multiplat. But console brand is irrelevant to whether or not something is a multiplat by definition. 1 platform = Exclusive, 1 platform > Multiplat

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

But it's not a true multi platform, though, does not matter what system you buy LBP 3 on when it does not hurt Sony's pocket book either way... Again, maybe I am hung up on the wording.

I think all the Xbox One bashing will stop once it will surpass the WiiU, then people will think " ahhh, at least it's doing something "

I'm gambling in favor of the Xbox One. Even if I never owned an Xbox, I give my props on the lineup of games for the holiday and the next year!

People bashing this console will regret it one day. I'm waiting for that day to bring out the popcorn.

This message was sponsored by Microsoft..NOT!

I agree. Xbox is a very good platform for gaming.

MsClasher said:
I think all the Xbox One bashing will stop once it will surpass the WiiU, then people will think " ahhh, at least it's doing something "

I'm gambling in favor of the Xbox One. Even if I never owned an Xbox, I give my props on the lineup of games for the holiday and the next year!

People bashing this console will regret it one day. I'm waiting for that day to bring out the popcorn.

This message was sponsored by Microsoft..NOT!

If it does. Dont really think it will happen. But to each his own.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.