By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is Beasting in the Games Department!

I think it is on par with the PS4 this year. Decent library of games but definitely not "beasting". PS4 has an advantage imo just because I prefer their exclusives. Next year is going to be huge for both console and so far Sony has shown that next year is going to very very strong for them. X1 hasn't shown a whole lot to blow away 2015 yet so I will have to wait to give my opinion on that but it would take something much more impressive than just Halo 5  to top Sony next year.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I think I have bought more games for the Xbone in the launch window and first year than I have any other console in the first year I owned it, save maybe the almighty Dreamcast.

Dead Rising 3 - can't play it on any other console, was a fun romp. Enjoyed it, too much fetching for my tastes.
Ryse - Great combat, very arcadey scoring system that worked great to keep you trying to beat your score. Amazing, best on consoles graphics, good story too. A bit short though.
Battlefailed 4 - Fuck this turd
Titanfall - the reason I picked Xbone to start this gen. Still play almost every day, no sign of slowing down.
Super TIME Force - Years of waiting, game is awesome.
Peggle 2 - Great local couch MP
PvZ Garden Warfare - Was very surprised at how good it is. Very deep and tactical but you couldn't tell by looking at it
Trials Fusion - meh, no online MP. Great SP though.
Watch Dogs - turd
Sniper Elite III - I think they have finally fixed the MP. Meh, this and WD are the two games I regret buying digitally
Wolfenstein - First Xbone game I got all 1000 achievement points in. Amazing shooter.
Madden 25 - Meh, last gen version was better
NFS Rivals - Worst NFS I have ever played, except of course NFS II
Child of Light - Just could not get into the combat

The "free" Games with Gold so far have been good. Guacamelee, Max, and Crimson Dragon especially. Halo Spartan ASSault is probably the worst Xbone game not called Murdered Soul Suspect, though. Might be missing a few games I have owned, too.

And upcoming:

Diablo 3
Minecraft
Madden 15
Dance Central Spotlight
Horizon 2
Defense Grid 2
Project Spark
Fantasia
Sunset
Master Chief Collection
D4
Killer Instinct Season 2
Ori
Evolve

Among others. So much beasting.

Current games library doesn't look all that exciting. The exclusives are a bit of a mixed bag aswell.. And unless you happen to love Halo, there isn't much on X1 this year. And Diablo and Minecraft? Come on. 

Next year on the other hand...

Cool opinion you have. I know Minecraft and Diablo will be good shit though.

gamemaster4747 said:
I'm sad to see all of this banning and moderating. This site is the opposite of the fun filled trash talking and standing up for your favorite console that I thought it would be. I feel like this is a communist site that censors and punishes those that wish for freedom of speech. This very comment may be moderated. :( I am not even going to try to say what I really want to say about this post.

I think you have been better behaved than we expected you to be.

If more posters thought about how offensive or silly they might sound before they posted, there would be less bans all round!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

LudicrousSpeed said:

Thanks for the sarcasm. But yeah, they will good games.

The only reason I pointed that out is because you listed 2 fairly old updated games as "beasting". Hard to get enthusiastic for games available on multiple platforms, that are just add-on expansions, or rejigged versions of old titles.

Around the Network

Please guys, I am begging you. So many bans. So many, many bans.

Toastboy just made a thread talking about how much he loves his Xbox One. So far it has spawned a couple of dozen people attacking him, many bans, a few warnings and a dupe thread designed to take the piss out of this one.

Can we really not just leave him be and engage with the subject only if we wish to discuss Xbox games, and multiplatform games ON Xbox?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

hinch said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Thanks for the sarcasm. But yeah, they will good games.

The only reason I pointed that out is because you listed 2 fairly old updated games as "beasting". Hard to get enthusiastic about games thats available on multiple platforms, and are just add on expansions, or rejigged versions of old titles.

True but I only played vanilla day one Diablo on PC. And Minecraft is more for my sons. Both will be awesome games though, even if you are not hyped for them.

starcraft said:
Please guys, I am begging you. So many bans. So many, many bans.

Toastboy just made a thread talking about how much he loves his Xbox One. So far it has spawned a couple of dozen people attacking him, many bans, a few warnings and a dupe thread designed to take the piss out of this one.

Can we really not just leave him be and engage with the subject only if we wish to discuss Xbox games, and multiplatform games ON Xbox?

Is this you teaching how to bans?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Destiny is not helping move Wii U's is it? Destiny is only helping move PS3s, PS4s, 360s, and Ones but not Wii Us. It only benefits those platforms. By your definition its a console exclusive, hell its not even on PC.

I guess we would call Destiny a "consoles exclusive." PLURAL! Seriously though, this is an example, "looking for arguments where there are none."

When people hear the term "multiplat," they assume its a game found on multiple gaming consoles. When people hear "console exclusive" they assume a gaming console and PC. These have become industry terms at this point, not just lingo of forum dwellers.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ali_16x said:

Except no one wants a Xbox One now since Microsoft doesn't know what exclusive means and the multiplatform games are better on PS4.

Edit: Moderated - Starlord.

..........Starlord? Oh my!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---