By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Software/Hardware 26 July 2014

Raziel123 said:
how can this be
I read every week that the "hype is dying"
If the internet says it then it must be true
Vgchartz is lying!

Vgchartz is "lying"....PS4 sales are probably higher.

Around the Network

Go Wii U

AZWification said:
kitler53 said:

not to be a grammer nazi but...

Oh, Kitler! You never disappoint!

DerNebel said:
Raziel123 said:
how can this be
I read every week that the "hype is dying"
If the internet says it then it must be true
Vgchartz is lying!

Vgchartz is "lying"....PS4 sales are probably higher.

Mosy likely, hasn;t  it been under tracked almost all year? I hate to see how bad tracking is in europe.

Nice on the hardware side. Next week will be very interesting!

Around the Network

Good sales. It all adds up, now we just need that 700k adjust so shipping and sales difference gets closer to reality.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Anyone else think the Vita could be saved in EU if Sony tried? Look at how the PSP is still selling... Obviously it's half the price of the Vita, but that's the point, with more marketing and discounts it could go up
My country is small but Playstation has a huge presence, and national Sony division seems to be doing a good job with it as the current bestsellers on one of the biggest chains right now is:
#1 - PSP at 85€
#2 - Vita + 5 games
#3 - PS4 + TLOU
But if this is only done on the really small countries and not the bigger ones then it won't matter much. Unless it's being undertracked in EU already

Mario Kart has really had an affect on the U's baseline as it's been consistently at around 60k for a while now, be interesting to see if Smash raises it even further.

So it seems Mario Kart 8, really doubled the Wii U baseline, pretty good for one game alone. It should be back up to 60k for around 2-3 weeks, thanks to Japan, once the newest version of DQX roles on August 7, plus Zelda Musou the next week, and the new Mario Kart 8 commercials, also seems to be giving the U and MK8 a boost, or atleast by what Media Create shows.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Ka-pi96 said:
Raziel123 said:
Anyone else think the Vita could be saved in EU if Sony tried? Look at how the PSP is still selling... Obviously it's half the price of the Vita, but that's the point, with more marketing and discounts it could go up
My country is small but Playstation has a huge presence, and national Sony division seems to be doing a good job with it as the current bestsellers on one of the biggest chains right now is:
#1 - PSP at 85€
#2 - Vita + 5 games
#3 - PS4 + TLOU
But if this is only done on the really small countries and not the bigger ones then it won't matter much. Unless it's being undertracked in EU already

Yeah I think it could still do well in Europe if Sony really went for it. Drop the price some more (or give free memory card with it) and maybe even take the PSP off the market to force people to get the Vita instead. Then bring the games and the people will come.

Great many people in Croatia bought a Vita last year when they had Killzone + 8GB memory card for €169. People were extatic, and Vita hype was huge, and it was a 2way street with the PS4 pre-launch hype.

A lot of them bought Tearaway then, many more bundles were sold.

Since......now you can buy those Vitas w/ memory card for under €100. And people still struggle to sell them.

All Sony needed was a decent game every 2-3 months, and sales would have been great. Unfortunately, now that Uncharted and Gravity Rush have been removed from IGC, people have even less incentive to purchase it.