By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

What a 4th quarter collapse :) SD doing their best Cowboys impression I guess. And that's the icing on a bad week of picks.

Around the Network

The Cowboys need to fire both Garrett AND Romo. He's all stats, no brain. In the 1st quarter, with a running game that was working better than anyone has in 17 previous opponents faced by SF he still tried to force the ball into double and triple coverage. It wasn't like it was 2 minutes left down 8 from your own 2 yard line. Just abominable play. He also goes by routes without looking first. Terrible terrible QB.

Broncos

Chargers Chiefs Raiders

I suppose I prefer the Broncos be alone on top of the AFC West mountain over the better prediction league finish I would have got if the Chargers did not live up to the chockers tradition. 

Zelhawks said:
PIT-BAL 2 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 2
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 1
DET-CAR 2 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 2
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND 1 by 3

Picking early. Can't believe I finished with a positive record in week 1...

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

chocoloco said:

Broncos

Chargers Chiefs Raiders

I suppose I prefer the Broncos be alone on top of the AFC West mountain over the better prediction league finish I would have got if the Chargers did not live up to the chockers tradition. 

Yeah, but with the rest of the division looking like the dregs of the league it makes the broncos look worse by proxy.  Especially now that kc is probably a 3 win team, oakland being oakland and the chargers finding any way possible to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Around the Network

I'd have to say that the once formidable NFC East looks like the worst division in football. Even the Eagles don't look that great. Dallas looks like a 3 win team, Washington looks like a 1 or 2 win team and the Giants look like a 5 or 6 win team. Eagles will go 10-6 at the most, might get lucky and manage 11-5.

PIT-BAL 1 MIA-BUF 1 JAC-WAS 1 DAL-TEN 2
ARI-NYG 1 NE-MIN 1 NO-CLE 1 ATL-CIN 2
DET-CAR 1 STL-TB 2 SEA-SD 1 HOU-OAK 1
NYJ-GB 2 KC-DEN 2 CHI-SF 2 PHI-IND 1 by 7

I can't believe I actually picked the Giants it looks like besides the Eagles the whole NFC East sucks. San Diego should have won yesterday overall I think I did decent for the first week.

cheshirescat said:
chocoloco said:

Broncos

Chargers Chiefs Raiders

Yeah, but with the rest of the division looking like the dregs of the league it makes the broncos look worse by proxy.  Especially now that kc is probably a 3 win team, oakland being oakland and the chargers finding any way possible to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Meh, like any other team, the bye week is more important to me than looking like a club that has had a hard schedule. No matter what we still face the 49ers, hawks, and Patriots at Foxboro for the third straight year. Plus, Arizona would probably be a playoff team many years in recent history if they were in other divisions especially last year. 

Woohoo tied for 17th!!!