By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Wii U digital games have you purchased?

spurgeonryan said:

I purchase about 3-5 a week lately, so I imagine most buy 1-2.

How many have you bought? List them if you like......

Only 1 and that's because it was free (Pikmin 3). I prefer to own my games because I like to feeling of security. Retro games are purchased in their original form on Ebay.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

Only 1 and that's because it was free (Pikmin 3). I prefer to own my games because I like to feeling of security. Retro games are purchased in their original form on Ebay.

So I seen an Earthbound cart... 160 dollars. Completely loose too. I frequent the store it's at too (they have Sega Genesis cables coming for me :P). 

Only 2 so far :(

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

amak11 said:
prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:

So I seen an Earthbound cart... 160 dollars. Completely loose too. I frequent the store it's at too (they have Sega Genesis cables coming for me :P). 

If I wanted that game (I don't), it would be one of the exceptions. I am not paying $150.00 for a freakin' game lol

prayformojo said:

If I wanted that game (I don't), it would be one of the exceptions. I am not paying $150.00 for a freakin' game lol

Lol, I know the feeling. I gave up getting anything retro off ebay. I want DKC 2 (because some ass stole it when I was a kid), but I wasn't going to pay whatever it was at the time. 

However, in comparison, that's a steal when compared to the in box sealed versions! lol 

Around the Network
amak11 said:
VanceIX said:

Why do you care why I have two 3DSs? The point is that I do. (And if you really must know, I have a launch regular 3DS and I bought an XL recently).

And neither Valve, Sony, or Microsoft dictate which consoloes your purchases can be tied to. All of them allow you to use your purchases on different consoles, as long as your account is connected to the console. 

Nintendo only lets you have your account on one console at a time, and forces people to go through their arduous repair transfer if the console needs to be replaced. If you don't want to or can't go through with such a repair, you're out of luck, all your files are forever gone. If I lost my 3DS, I can't ever get those digital games back, whereas if I lost my PS Vita I can easily get another one and just redownload my collection.

Sony, Microsoft, and Steam are much more flexible with their digital offerings. They control all the content (Newflash: they control your physical content too, you really think just because you have the disc you own the game? You only own the physical media, not the game itself. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo can easily cancel your ability to play the game on a console if they wanted to. Don't believe me? Read your EULA.), but not to the point where they breath down your back like Nintendo does.

Again, why complain. Besides you bought a 3DS XL and did not transfer your normal 3DS to it. That's your fault, not Nintendo's. And yes I did know they control physical offerings aswell. you didn't need to be rude about stating it also. 

Because then my normal 3DS would be useless?

I bought games on my original 3DS with a NNID, but at the same time I had a Wii U system with a different NNID (this was before Nintendo allowed you to have the same ID on both consoles). My Wii U account was my primary, so I decided to go with that account on my new 3DS. Thus, I ended up with 2 NNIDs.

And with a physical game, I can pop out a game in my XL and put it in my normal 3DS, which is much more portable, and take it with me on the bus. Then I can come home and put the game in my XL to play on that.

Nintendo would have me do a full system transfer in order to accomplish this digitally. Even with my PSP and Vita, I can a PSP game on my Vita to play at home and at the same time have it downloaded to my PSP for portability. Nintendo does not offer that major convinence. 

I don't see how anyone can defend their utterly archaic digital model.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

16 total. I'm REALLY looking at One Piece. Anyone took the plunge? What are your thoughts?

VanceIX said:

I bought games on my original 3DS with a NNID, but at the same time I had a Wii U system with a different NNID (this was before Nintendo allowed you to have the same ID on both consoles). My Wii U account was my primary, so I decided to go with that account on my new 3DS. Thus, I ended up with 2 NNIDs.

And with a physical game, I can pop out a game in my XL and put it in my normal 3DS, which is much more portable, and take it with me on the bus. Then I can come home and put the game in my XL to play on that.

Nintendo would have me do a full system transfer in order to accomplish this digitally. Even with my PSP and Vita, I can a PSP game on my Vita to play at home and at the same time have it downloaded to my PSP for portability. Nintendo does not offer that major convinence. 

Oh... my god... 

You can transfer NNID with the 3DS transfer tool.... You honestly just gave me a headache...... Most save games are physically on the cart unless you buy full games.... You gah... i give up. Enjoy your problem. 

amak11 said:
VanceIX said:

Oh... my god... 

You can transfer NNID with the 3DS transfer tool.... You honestly just gave me a headache...... Most save games are physically on the cart unless you buy full games.... You gah... i give up. Enjoy your problem. 

*sigh*

You don't seem to get what I'm saying at all. I COULD transfer NNID, but then I would be stuck with my lesser used ID on my main 3DS. I used the same ID as my Wii U on my XL since my Wii U NNID is my main one. I didn't want to transfer in case Nintendo does fix their policy, because then I would have all my Wii U games on one account and my 3DS games on another, which is a headache. Instead, I have a different NNID on both my 3DSs. 

And OF COURSE save games are stored on the game cart, but I wasn't referring to physical games, I was referring to digital. Digital game save data is stored on the SD card, which cannot be transferred without doing a full system transfer.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

It's a mix of indie titles and publisher titles, as well as a few VC. I think around 20-25 in total.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.