By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4's year end sales vs Wii U lifetime sales...which will be higher?

All said and done will the Wii U sell higher lifetime?

Yes 218 59.56%

No 147 40.16%

Total:365

wii u lifetime sales below 14m?
dont think so

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Wii u lifetime sales will be higher obviously. Geez the Wii u's not even a failure it will probably end second in lietime sales this Gen.

Probably second... to bottom of all home consoles (1st place going to the Dreamcast).

Hope, you added the virtual boy and all other console failures of the 90's.

PS:Xbox one still has a gap of around 3 million to beat the Wii u and the Wii u is still outselling it on a weekly basis.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:

PS:Xbox one still has a gap of around 3 million to beat the Wii u and the Wii u is still outselling it on a weekly basis.

XB1 has less than 2 million gap, and has been on market less than half as long as the Wii U.

Just my opinion, but I think Wii U will sell less than half of XB1 lifetime.  I just don't expect Wii U to have legs with how few games it's getting.

My 8th gen collection

blessedswine said:

just curious as to how a system which is int he last week Worldwide was outsold nearly 2-1 can "close the gap"  last week ps4 sold over 100k and WiiU sold just over 50k.  thats not closing the gap, thats the opposite of closing the gap its widening there.  and just for point of clarification the last week of may is the closest the WiiU has come to selling as good as the ps4 and even then it was still outsold by 40k.   

To the question though, i would be shocked if the WiiU didnt have better lifetime sales then anyone year of the ps4.  im expecting the WiiU to hit roughly 20+ million units my prediction will be 17 million will be the best the ps4 does in a single year. and ill go as far to say that year will be its 3rd year, or 2017 assuming we count 2014 as its first year.

2017 would be its 4th year if we count 2014 as its 1st

What people mean by "close the gap" is that its not being outsold as much on a weekly basis as it use to. I know they are using the term incorrectly but I think thats what they mean.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
blessedswine said:

just curious as to how a system which is int he last week Worldwide was outsold nearly 2-1 can "close the gap"  last week ps4 sold over 100k and WiiU sold just over 50k.  thats not closing the gap, thats the opposite of closing the gap its widening there.  and just for point of clarification the last week of may is the closest the WiiU has come to selling as good as the ps4 and even then it was still outsold by 40k.   

To the question though, i would be shocked if the WiiU didnt have better lifetime sales then anyone year of the ps4.  im expecting the WiiU to hit roughly 20+ million units my prediction will be 17 million will be the best the ps4 does in a single year. and ill go as far to say that year will be its 3rd year, or 2017 assuming we count 2014 as its first year.

2017 would be its 4th year if we count 2014 as its 1st

What people mean by "close the gap" is that its not being outsold as much on a weekly basis as it use to. I know they are using the term incorrectly but I think thats what they mean.

Nope... closing the gap is what you do to outsell your rival really soon globaly in USA, by selling less weekly (try not to use logic here).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."