By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Equal rights : Should female humans be allowed to go topless in public?

Religion fading away? I'm not too sure about that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
And no... Too many fugly girls that would ruin boobs for me. And i LOVE boobs...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

I don't think it has much to do with religion. If religion is fading away like you said, then we should see more boobs on tv. But that isn't the case, in fact we see severed heads all the time, but no boobs. In Europe you see boobs on tv, but not America.

For the record, I went to a country fair once where most of the women walked around with painted boobs. I kinda wish I could unsee a lot of them....

Something...Something...Games...Something

It's legal here, sort of, if the police tries to get you on the indecency act, it will be overruled. I haven't seen a topless women yet however. And no it's not -30 year round in Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom_in_Canada

Should it be legal? Sure. Modesty is just a cultural thing anyway, I don't see why it should be enforced via laws anyway. Of course, the real question is would most women be willing to ever go topless? I think we are still a long way from that being culturally acceptable enough to happen. Then again, maybe I will be considered a conservative, behind the times asshole a decade from now.

Burek said:

Just read your OP, and not other posts, so maybe someone already said this.

Men should not be topless in public either. Sure, equal rights, but if you go out in the street, on a bus, at the office, in a park..... Wear a damn shirt. Both guys and girls.

The only exception is the beach. But women are allowed to be topless on the beach, so again, all is good, everybody is equal.

Why not? City bus and office sure. What's the problem with parks, plenty people lie down in the park, play basket ball or whatever without a shirt on. I usually take my shirt off while cycling. It's just annoying clinging to your back, flapping in the wind. Much more comfortable without.

Around the Network

I don't think they should be able to at random times, but I think doing it during breast feeding, at the beach, and a few sports would be fine.

Maybe there in America it's different but in the the Philippines, It would be anarchy with the crime rate of rapes.

It should be a requirement, not an option, (unless you uugly)

BMaker11 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Religion is quickly fading away, especially in America. 

The Christian population alone of the United States is close to 250 million in a country just over 310 million. I would hardly call that fading away,lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_United_States

It's not "quickly fading away", but it's definitely on the decline. 73% Christian and "no religion" is the (I think, ironically described) fastest growing religious demographic right now. Now, 73% is still the vast majority, but down from 90% from 1963? It's only gonna go down from there.

We have to take into consideration that there is a considerable amount of  immigration from Indian, Asian and Middle Eastern backgrounds compared to what there was in the 60's. North America is a more diversifed continent than it was 50 years ago. 

Interestingly, on a global scale, while decling in the U.S., Christianity has grown 2% globally over the past 40 years (Islam 4% and Doaism a wopping 9%)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

SvennoJ said:
It's legal here, sort of, if the police tries to get you on the indecency act, it will be overruled. I haven't seen a topless women yet however. And no it's not -30 year round in Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom_in_Canada

look harder ;)   We have an anual naked bike ride in vancouver lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz