By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U shows up again in COD:AW website code

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

As I suspected after the out-of-the-blue Nuketown DLC, apparently it's not coming:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u-/1100-6421834/

Ah well, looks like I'll be playing the Bayonetta 1 remaster and maybe Sonic Boom/90s Arcade Racer/Art of Balance/Watch Dogs for November instead.

there you go, its pretty much what ive been saying for a while. Think of COD for Ninty systems as a struggling TV, they are always skirting the line between getting renewed for a season and getting outright cancelled sometimes down to the minute. Its the same thing here.

It was obviously profitable in the past, or it wouldn't have taken until after the 7th Wii/Wii U COD to get the axe.

Around the Network

Destiny website also had Vita and WiiU in its sourcecode....

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/18tndy/source_code_in_destiny_preorder_page_lists_xbox/

not saying it's not comming to wiiu but don't get too excited because of this.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
Not giving a damn does explain it and its the best explanation. They dont give a damn becasue it is the version that traditionally doesnt contribute to the profit or sales of COD. has anyone asked if the game  is coming to Wii U? im talking about a magazine for someone actually in the industry not some blogger. Yes not annoucning the version for fear of possible cancellation makes more sense than your conspiracy theory. They would look worse saying hey COD is coming to Wii U and then going around and saying it has been cancelled. The Wii U version probably isnt done or maybe only JUST started that makes way more sense than conspiracy theories, especially since we know that that version is being done by a completly different team.

Now you didnt answer my question. What games have Activision annouced for Wii u that they went around and then cancelled? And no lack of time is not an excuse you brought it to the table you have to provide proof otherwise you are just talking out your butt. The WIi U hasnt been out that long where it would be hard to find if a game got cancelled, hell Activision doesnt even publish that much games. announcing a game then cancelling will always do damage as it always looks not good. By not saying anything they could avoid that whole problem and not look like the bad guys. And if they drop COD they probably would still put out Skylanders since that still makes them money.

So once again, I'm going to ask that simple question, because you refuse to address it (other than just repeating an argument I've already demolished multiple times): why haven't they just included Wii U on the press releases? Before you answer, I'll once again point out that "fear of having to cancel it" just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. What alternative explanation is there for them refusing to confirm (and in some cases, actively denying the existence of) a Wii U version?

Because it doesn't exist. Welp

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

As I suspected after the out-of-the-blue Nuketown DLC, apparently it's not coming:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u-/1100-6421834/

Ah well, looks like I'll be playing the Bayonetta 1 remaster and maybe Sonic Boom/90s Arcade Racer/Art of Balance/Watch Dogs for November instead.

there you go, its pretty much what ive been saying for a while. Think of COD for Ninty systems as a struggling TV, they are always skirting the line between getting renewed for a season and getting outright cancelled sometimes down to the minute. Its the same thing here.

It was obviously profitable in the past, or it wouldn't have taken until after the 7th Wii/Wii U COD to get the axe.

i never said otherwise. but at some point it stopped being profitable, hell i would argue that it just broke even most of the time and now it isnt even doing that hence the cancellation

oniyide said:

i never said otherwise. but at some point it stopped being profitable, hell i would argue that it just broke even most of the time and now it isnt even doing that hence the cancellation

Ghosts may not have broken even, but previous ones would have or they would've been the last. Another factor could be that more resources have been allocated to PS4/Xbone development this time around, compared to previous years. Wii U was the lowest priority version, so it was the first to go. (Even PS3/360 got outsourced this year)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Ghosts may not have broken even, but previous ones would have or they would've been the last. Another factor could be that more resources have been allocated to PS4/Xbone development this time around, compared to previous years. Wii U was the lowest priority version, so it was the first to go. (Even PS3/360 got outsourced this year)

thats fair. forgot the PS360 versions were outsourced. I imagine they would be the next to go. they might get one more

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

thats fair. forgot the PS360 versions were outsourced. I imagine they would be the next to go. they might get one more

I reckon we'll still see a PS3/360 COD next year, simply cos it's more of a casual game and plenty of folks who haven't upgraded yet will buy it. 2016 though I'm not so sure, that might be the first 8th gen exclusive COD.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

I reckon we'll still see a PS3/360 COD next year, simply cos it's more of a casual game and plenty of folks who haven't upgraded yet will buy it. 2016 though I'm not so sure, that might be the first 8th gen exclusive COD.

I agree with that. 2016 will probably be the first COD not to come to 7th gen consoles (excluding the obvious old ones).