By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Looking for some new ideas for the poll. Any suggestions?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

How about sub vs dub? Or maybe anime developers like Kyoto Ani, shaft, etc

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
VanceIX said:

How about sub vs dub? Or maybe anime developers like Kyoto Ani, shaft, etc

Sub vs dub sounds like a neat idea. I'll put it in!

ktay95 said:

Ugh, can we get some real girls around here

Actually... that's a trap. :)

Just finished today Yowamushi pedal... was OK, I expected more after watching the fist 5 episodes last year, but then it dragged a lot with all that cliché sport shounen stuff about friendship and all those filler scenes with long stares and unreal conversation while running when are 100mts left -.- The series is closer to Captain Tsubasa than any other Sport shounen.. after dragging up to 20th episode it become more interesting with appearance on the villian, a prety nasty one btw... which is good. The worst part.. it ends on the cliffhanger, and I'm not sure if a second season will come...

Now watching Star Driver, began slow but now is becoming interesting... after the 6th episode, specially with that fun 5th one!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

New CotW

Character of the week!

Kamina

Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bio: A young man from Giha, a subterranean village, who dreams of leaving the underground and going to the surface, a place which he alone believes he saw as a child. Kamina forms "Team Gurren" and convinces his "soul-brother," Simon, to help him with his plan to drill through the roof of the village and get to the world above.
(wikipedia)

Fun Fact: Possessing a seemingly arrogant personality, Kamina is very passionate about his goals and will pursue them without a trace of fear, hesitation, or sometimes sense. This attitude often manifests itself in dramatic speeches which have the power to rally all those who hear them to his call.

Around the Network

Updated the poll as well.

VanceIX said:

You please reply with a link to view the OP by itself? My safari browser keeps crashing on page 1.

Also, I voted for Dubs because I figure most people will vote for subs. I'm e first Dub voter, LOL.

And what's vanilla Japanese?

Anyways, dubs vs, subs, well it all depends on the dialogue for me. I watch Bleach with fan subs, but full metal alchemist & trinity blood in dub. I always watch the first episode in both Dub & sub, so as to make my decision.

I used to be more of a dub guy, still sorta am, but I sometimes watch subs as well.
There are some cases when dubs are just plain superior. I couldn't watch the Japanese versions of Dragon Ball Z or Thunder Jet for example after watching the English and Arabic versions respectively. DBZ has that sweetass Bruce Faulconer music, and the Arabic version of Thunder Jet had some neat tunes added as well, and the dub felt more fitting to the show.

Of course, something like Bleach, I have no problem watching in either subs or dubs, but I prefer subs cuz the English dub leaves some stuff out apparently...

I do wish that I could learn Japanese and French one day so I can watch my favorite shows without pausing every 5 seconds because I can't read the subs fast enough :/

MohammadBadir said:
I used to be more of a dub guy, still sorta am, but I sometimes watch subs as well.
There are some cases when dubs are just plain superior. I couldn't watch the Japanese versions of Dragon Ball Z or Thunder Jet for example after watching the English and Arabic versions respectively. DBZ has that sweetass Bruce Faulconer music, and the Arabic version of Thunder Jet had some neat tunes added as well, and the dub felt more fitting to the show.

Of course, something like Bleach, I have no problem watching in either subs or dubs, but I prefer subs cuz the English dub leaves some stuff out apparently...

I do wish that I could learn Japanese and French one day so I can watch my favorite shows without pausing every 5 seconds because I can't read the subs fast enough :/

Totally agree about Dragonball Z/GT in dub, and Bleach in sub.

Plus in DBZ, almost every scene is way more better off with the American soundtrack.

I think Bruce Faulconer, also did the instrumentals for the album: Cold Summer by U.S.D.A.

Gotta love his work.

Kaizar said:
VanceIX said:

You please reply with a link to view the OP by itself? My safari browser keeps crashing on page 1.

Also, I voted for Dubs because I figure most people will vote for subs. I'm e first Dub voter, LOL.

And what's vanilla Japanese?

Anyways, dubs vs, subs, well it all depends on the dialogue for me. I watch Bleach with fan subs, but full metal alchemist & trinity blood in dub. I always watch the first episode in both Dub & sub, so as to make my decision.

The first post has a ton of big gifs, which is probably why it is crashing. I can still post it if you want, but be warned that it will probably crash your browser anyway.

Vanilla Japanese is just the Japanese voices, no subtitles.