By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Well, that sucks....

Good thing they still have the death penalty over there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Worst news all year. Over 20 people are dead.

They have a GoFundMe. https://www.gofundme.com/help-kyoani-heal

The donations are at 1.3m from 40k donators. I did my part.

This is literally the worst thing I have ever heard on the news and I'm still trying to recover.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
The donations are at 1.3m from 40k donators. I did my part.

This is literally the worst thing I have ever heard on the news and I'm still trying to recover.

It will only rise, donations coming from everywhere in the world.

Sadly money can't fix tragedy, and the name will now always be associated with the tragedy instead of just being associated with legendary animation.

The latest episode of Fire Force will be delayed due to the current tragedy.

Around the Network

Me Watching FIre Force: This is the dumbest, most ridiculous premise I have seen in the last five years.

Also Me Watching FIre Force: Oh shit! This is just a metaphor for the suffering fire victims and their loved ones go through!

Cerebralbore101 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Well I don't give in to black mail. The whole "Pay us money and we'll fix a problem we artificially created in the first place for no other reason than to make you spit your cash" does not work well with me.

As for the ad blockers, I can't find a way to install one on my TV. Also I'm good with the anime available on Netflix, not the biggest catalog but still a few good shows I enjoyed.

So you expect anime for free, and no strings attached then? I agree their ads are annoying, and too damn long. But they have to make money to support the service somehow. 

Fair enough. How about ads in a way that is not too annoying, kind of like Youtube does? I understand why they have ads but I don't get why they place them in a way that is made to almost force you to pay.

Here is the deal, I live in a small country (Belgium) and the crazy part is there aren't even that many ads on CrunchyRoll over here, but they still cut your 20 minutes episodes 4 or 5 times, most times it's just to announce another anime they have. In other words they don't make a cent off me watching those announcements yet they still throw them in my face in a way that is absolutely meant to be annoying and nothing else. Maybe that works with other people but not me. I don't fix annoyance by paying, I don't make the bully leave me alone by giving him money...

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

So you expect anime for free, and no strings attached then? I agree their ads are annoying, and too damn long. But they have to make money to support the service somehow. 

Fair enough. How about ads in a way that is not too annoying, kind of like Youtube does? I understand why they have ads but I don't get why they place them in a way that is made to almost force you to pay.

Here is the deal, I live in a small country (Belgium) and the crazy part is there aren't even that many ads on CrunchyRoll over here, but they still cut your 20 minutes episodes 4 or 5 times, most times it's just to announce another anime they have. In other words they don't make a cent off me watching those announcements yet they still throw them in my face in a way that is absolutely meant to be annoying and nothing else. Maybe that works with other people but not me. I don't fix annoyance by paying, I don't make the bully leave me alone by giving him money...

In order for the bully scenario to work, you'd have to be the one going up to the bully and asking that they give you something for free, then getting mad at them that they're not giving you that free thing in a way that's convenient enough for you.  Hmm.

The Fire Force delay makes sense...even if I'm looking forward to it. Obviously it doesn't glorify that type of tragedy, but watching that ED after the KyoAni tragedy would make anyone a little uncomfortable.

I'm glad the humor in Okaa-san Online is what I was hoping for. *culture face*

One more week till Kohaku in Stone! Probably.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Made a decent dent in my backlog by annihilating Sword Art Online. But I didn't know that SAO Alicization would have another 24 episode anime, so obviously a lot more to watch in about a years time. Anyways on to the update.

Kakegurui xx (12 episodes)- The ridiculous show about gambling continues with more of the same. The gambles often include life or death, but is very lackluster in reality. Still I enjoy the actual gambles and some of the games are interesting enough that I might want to try them. The MC dude is as pathetic as always and he honestly entertains me whenever he is so pathetic, while the creepy faces continue to always do well. I skip both OP and ED.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (12 episodes)- A short and sweet series just like the MCs. Some of the episodes were cuteness overload. The GGO world was at least better than the ALO world, thus the fights were entertaining a bit. I preferred the chill first half compared to 2nd half, but the ending was satisfying enough that it doesn't require a 2nd season. The OP was decent, ED skippable.

Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale (Movie)- Basically more SAO but in movie format with a higher budget. The ties back to Aincrad were nice and the villains were believable, but the premise wasn't great. I enjoyed the higher budget animation, but it didn't really add much to the SAO universe. At least we had an epic ensemble battle in the end.

Sword Art Online Season 3 (24 episodes)- This season was better than Season 2, but it still was kind of a drag. While I enjoyed the sword fights, it was basically just that. I felt like they could have delved much deeper into gaming by adding a lot more aspects. For example while they had a calling system, they could have added a class design, where people have different specialties. To me it felt like too many swords and magic when they could have added a lot more variety like Axe, Spear, Shield, and etc. The premise also lacked variety, the show made me excited at the start with dragons, goblins and knights oh my. Then the last 12 episodes happened and many repetitions happened, and the dark territory and its denizens weren't touched upon much. I suppose it isn't Aincrad, it is more of a simulation, however even in a simulation I feel more weapon experimentation would happen. The ending was disappointing. The OPs were okay and the EDs were good during fights.