By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Versus_Evil said:
Seasons end next week (i have a final episode the week after) ... soo ... who's fallen behind? o/

Falling behind implies I was ever actually caught up.

I am caught up with Blue Exorcist, Masamune-kun, and Yowamushi Pedal, at least. I'm behind on ACCA 13, just sort of stopped watching Akiba's Trip and Demi-chan, and have been saving Konosuba for a comedy binge. Other things like Sousei no Onmyouji and Nanbaka S2 I have on my "come back to at some point" list. And I'll probably watch Koro-sensei Quest at some point since Assassination Classroom was top tier and this little spinoff sounds like fun.

As much as I say other seasons disappointed me, I think this one grabbed me the least in a long while. I have had very little drive to stay up to date with anything. Nothing truly qualified as a must watch the moment a new episode aired, and some shows that started strong like Demi-chan really had a hard time keeping the quality strong, while better shows like Blue Exorcist started slow and didn't really hit their stride until the last quarter of the season.

Next season has a lot to anticipate though, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Seasons end next week (i have a final episode the week after) ... soo ... who's fallen behind? o/

Still at about 70 episodes in backlog. But I got vacation next week, I could technically manage to watch that before the new season. Depends how much gaming takes away from my schedule.

Next season looks like a fun waifu season so it should be easier to watch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Versus_Evil said:

Im only watching Kuzu no honkai. And I am hoping for it to pull a school days at the end! I want everyone to die except Moka! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Looks like it's gonna be pretty tough to decide on best girl next season. So many strong contenders.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Versus_Evil said:

Caught up on everything I started except Masamune-kun and Demi-Chan.

Demi-chan wasn't bad...I just got bored of it. The realistic monster-girl type setting was interesting...but it required enough suspension of disbelief that it felt a bit awkward. Especially with the dullahan girl. Which reminds me...the high school girl(s?) crushing on their sensei was also kinda off-putting. FFS the dude has to be in his 30s.

Masamune-kun was...eh. I don't mind predictability in this genre, I just didn't really care about the characters that much. Main girl was too cold, main guy deserved to be run over by an ambulance, and most of the rest were just way too forgettable to leave an impact. Sleepy eyed girl and the Marika clone were okay I guess.

No idea if I'll finish both. Whenever I find myself with free time, I gravitate towards playing Zelda or reading people complain about video games here. They'll probably wind up in my anime purgatory alongside Keijo and Saiki K.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

So I tried Touken Ranbu because the description sounded really interesting but it seems to be for fans of the game. I had to watch something completely opposite of it and the answer is that I am now watching Keijo!!!!!!!!

Farsala said:
So I tried Touken Ranbu because the description sounded really interesting but it seems to be for fans of the game. I had to watch something completely opposite of it and the answer is that I am now watching Keijo!!!!!!!!

Lol Well for me I watched it because I read soooo many doujinshi of the characters..... I think you can guess what genres they are from my profile picture xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I can't believe only 11 episodes in and there was actual plot happening in LWA.

Super_Boom said:

Masamune-kun was...eh. I don't mind predictability in this genre, I just didn't really care about the characters that much. Main girl was too cold, main guy deserved to be run over by an ambulance, and most of the rest were just way too forgettable to leave an impact. Sleepy eyed girl and the Marika clone were okay I guess.

No Boom, only the best characters deserve to be run over by an ambulance

Sooooooo not sure if anyone in here has ever read the God Of High School Manga BUT I am super HYPE to know that they are officially starting an Anime for it! It should be pretty AMAZING!!!

Also does anyone know anymore information on the next season of Hajime No Ippo or if they will ever do the rest of History's Strongest Disciple? I know one of the actors died but I would love for that series to continue!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23