By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Long Riders bothers me. You don't push a clear beginner like that, but more importantly, the other girls should know very well that she is at a disadvantage with that bike over long distances. She's going to be working harder and her ride is going to be a lot more stiff. Her butt hurting should have been something they knew was going to happen.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Long Riders bothers me. You don't push a clear beginner like that, but more importantly, the other girls should know very well that she is at a disadvantage with that bike over long distances. She's going to be working harder and her ride is going to be a lot more stiff. Her butt hurting should have been something they knew was going to happen.

Actually pushing a beginner is not a bad thing. Most beginners underestimate how far they can go and at the same time it teaches them to save their energy on long rides(HAHA!). The seat thing is a personal thing, not everyone has an issue with that. And even with the cushioned seat you will hurt your ass.

But how they continue to ignore that horrible bike is beyond me. Maybe 3rd ep is 3 girls taken into custody for kouhai ijime.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
pokoko said:

Actually pushing a beginner is not a bad thing. Most beginners underestimate how far they can go and at the same time it teaches them to save their energy on long rides(HAHA!). The seat thing is a personal thing, not everyone has an issue with that. And even with the cushioned seat you will hurt your ass.

But how they continue to ignore that horrible bike is beyond me. Maybe 3rd ep is 3 girls taken into custody for kouhai ijime.

Taking someone on a 35 mile trip when they've brand new to biking and not even in shape is a little beyond that.  I don't see how that's a smart thing.  Personally, I would have been pissed off.

As far as the seat goes, the others are experienced enough to know that the bike she's using is going to be more uncomfortable over long distances.  The ergonomics of the bike and the effects that has on her posture, plus the frame and wheels mitigating less impact, make that easy to see.  Her rear was obviously going to suffer.

pokoko said:
vivster said:

Taking someone on a 35 mile trip when they've brand new to biking and not even in shape is a little beyond that.  I don't see how that's a smart thing.  Personally, I would have been pissed off.

As far as the seat goes, the others are experienced enough to know that the bike she's using is going to be more uncomfortable over long distances.  The ergonomics of the bike and the effects that has on her posture, plus the frame and wheels mitigating less impact, make that easy to see.  Her rear was obviously going to suffer.

I don't see a problem with taking a beginner on long rides. It's not a marathon or climbing mount everest. It's riding a bike with the option to go as slow as possible or even stop and just go home. If you had a breakfast and know how to not overexert yourself there really isn't any difference between a 10km ride and a 50km tour.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nanbaka remains just silly enough to be entertaining, with just enough serious put into each episode so far to make me want to know more. I would be hard pressed to call it one of the best of the season at this point, but it has more potential than would be expected from all the sparkles and colors.

Around the Network

Watching Servamp and Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+.

On episode 7 of Servamp, and wtf no female characters at all yet. Almost didn't watch after the first episode, but the next few episodes were a bit more interesting.

Okusama is hilarious and short. I think it might be the first short I watch.

BasilZero said:
Watching NANA is kinda making me want to quit anime again.

Thankfully though that wont happen thanks to One Piece and Dragon Ball Super ;)

Why not just switch to something you like? We all shit on the tastes of others here. If you don't like something, call it a turd, stand by your turd ranking, and move on to something perhaps a bit more enjoyable.

LuckyTrouble said:
BasilZero said:

Why not just switch to something you like? We all shit on the tastes of others here. If you don't like something, call it a turd, stand by your turd ranking, and move on to something perhaps a bit more enjoyable.

Sometimes one just needs a break :).

For example after I watched the amazing Stein's Gate anime, I had to quit for awhile as it would risk making the immediate anime afterwards look terrible.

LuckyTrouble said:
BasilZero said:

It's not like NANA is a turd but I had to stop it halfway through myself. It's a good one but it's so unbelievably dreary. It's probably good to stop when you're getting too depressed but the chances of ever picking up an anime that you once started is pretty low. At least that's it like for me.

Pic of the day