By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Versus_Evil said:

Yay Love Live! I've always played the game, but never seen the anime...I should change that.

Around the Network

I need more SNAFU

Versus_Evil said:

^ How can you not have seen Love Live.... Your right, go change that, like now or nico will curse you, you'll never be pretty again.

Who said I was pretty before D:

Anyways yea I saw the 1st episode. Not bad, but the cgi dancing is a little weird...I'll definitely finish it though, in the game they're already an idol group so its nice to see how they were formed here.

Roronaa_chan said:
I need more SNAFU

I feel we will be waiting forever...

That OVA should be out in a few months though.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

That poll ... I'm getting a little suspicious! I'd also like to add that Centorea is my second choice and she's probably the most important girl in the anime.

Moving on from that, here are a few Two Episode Impressions.

Bungou Stray Dogs = C+
Not bad, not great. The second episode was kind of goofy but I'm hoping that it will improve with the "joining the group" episode out of the way.

Twin Star Exorcists = B
The girl character is funny and this has some potential. Only thing holding it back is that the guy's power is so "chuunibyou" that I thought this was going to be a straight up gag anime for awhile. I think he really stopped being an exorcist out of sheer embarrassment.

Bakuon!! = B-
This anime makes me laugh. Not much to say beyond that. It's so over the top that I can't help but enjoy it.

Kuma Miko = B+
One of the best anime of the season thus far. Machi's serious expressions kill me.

Re:Zero = B+
It's got me hooked. I just hope it doesn't settle into a harem-type groove and forget the tension of the second episode.

Mayoiga = B
Tons of potential. It's probably going to need a lot of room for exposition but I expect it to pick up rapidly once the plot is established. Lots of interesting characters. Could be a sleeper hit.

Hero Academia = C
It wasn't until the very end of the second episode that I felt interested or invested in what was happening. I expect it to improve.

Uchuu Patrol Luluco = C+
Nothing special but it's an entertaining short.

Hundred = Dropped
I didn't make it to the second episode, to be honest.

Around the Network

In a couple more episodes, I'll rate the anime of this season that I watched. Here's the anime I've been watching/have access to. Twin Star Exorcists, Bungo Stray Dogs, Joker Game, The Lost Village, Re-ZERO, Hundred, Cerberus, Kinznaiver, Flying Witch, High School Fleet, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, The Asterisk War and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096.

Dropped Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, didn't really care for any of it.

Versus_Evil said:
iamRockman said:
Dropped Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, didn't really care for any of it.

You dropped AOTS, we will never be friends.

It was AOTS with just 1 epsisode?

Versus_Evil said:
iamRockman said:

It was AOTS with just 1 epsisode?

Non Non Biyori was anime of the season after 1 episode aswell and that's (IMO) on of the best animes out there. The same director. Just feels great to watch (I've watched ep 1 4 times lol) like I've said before in here, it's a chill anime that I really need. Perfect for a chill Spring. But to each they're own ^^

I'll pick it back up, and give it 2 more episodes. I usually love SoL Anime, but it's weird this one didn't click with me.

Netoge no Yome wa ep. 2 was a big improvement over ep. 1 and very entertaining. The back and forth reminded me of KonoSuba a bit. I like that Ako is mildly insane and the President seems like fun. Ah, I can't even imagine how embarrassing it would be to have someone burst in and start calling me by my World of Warcraft name.

Well, I mean, I was a female elf but ... yeah.