By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Versus_Evil said:
vivster said:
Now that I'm sick at home, I'm running out of animes. So I started watching Soul Eater. It's pretty good but I assume it's gonna get so much better if all the AMVs are any indication.

Poor Vivster,  Vs heals coming your way

Already got a more than competent nurse.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Versus_Evil said:

What sequels do you wish to see announced/released this year? 

Darker than Black: Season 2

Psycho Pass: Season 2

Yeah I know what I said.

On a more serious note, I'd like Nisekoi to get a season 3, as long as it doesn't follow the awkward tangential format of the last season. One Punch Man doesn't have enough material to keep going yet, but I want more of it anyway. New Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater adaptations that follow the manga would awesome, as would a Darker than Black: Jet Black Flower adapation. I'll permit a Yamada-kun season 2, just as long as it's not so insanely paced. Mostly just because Midori is super adorbs and needs to be animated.

Regarding the poll question...I'd say I prefer sub 95% of the time...though I do think that dubs work in some cases. In Fairy Tail or Seven Deadly Sins for example, where the spoken language in-universe is intended to be English, the dub would probably be closer to the author's original intention than the original Japanese is. But watching Japanese high schoolers speak English? *shudders*

Problem is...it seems me to the actual talent pool for English voice actors is extremely limited, and I'm usually stuck listening to very amateur voices, or I'm hearing the same voices constantly. Both of which totally ruin my immersion. 

This is only comparing Japanese and English dubs though...as I have no experience with any other dub language. I'd kinda like to try out Fullmetal Alchemist in German though...just for the reason above. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Versus_Evil said:

........You mean season 3 of both yes? 

Nah, it's a dumb joke. I wasn't a big fan of either show's second season. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Jranation said:
AsGryffynn said:

Your pictures lack women in little clothing! 

VGChartz always needs more men in little clothing! 

But I want both!

As for the question... 

• Kampfer continuation: We might not think of Kampfer as a good anime, but the LN changes a lot of things and it starts to darken and thicken the plot. I really want to see it all animated...
  • Bleach continuation: After the royal trainwreck that was Yona, I want another studio to animate the Ten Thousand Year Old Blood War arc... 
  • Sekirei: It is ending soon, so if someone wants an anime adaptation for the current season, now's their chance... 
  • Lyrical Nanoha Force: And in the fat chance this happens, we might finally have a dub! I bloody hate JP Subaru, but if Laura Bailey voices her, I am going to crush way too hard on her... just not Calvello or Rial... perhaps Cindy Robinson would fit her too! 
  • Code Geass R3: Lelouch is dead... why not just bring him back? Crazier stuff has happened... 

Also, dub, but sometimes a sub will soothe my ears and a dub will destroy them... 

You know, I started watching that show with the flying shoes and stupid sport this season because they tossed a romance tag on it and the description tried to sell it as a romance anime. Six episodes in, and the MC has yet to show any of that latent talent he's supposed to have. Plus, the MC and main chick haven't gotten any closer to romance than him accidentally seeing her in her underwear because of house proximity and nobody using blinds, and this happened in episode one or two.

My disappointment here is real.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
You know, I started watching that show with the flying shoes and stupid sport this season because they tossed a romance tag on it and the description tried to sell it as a romance anime. Six episodes in, and the MC has yet to show any of that latent talent he's supposed to have. Plus, the MC and main chick haven't gotten any closer to romance than him accidentally seeing her in her underwear because of house proximity and nobody using blinds, and this happened in episode one or two.

Maybe it's one of those longer animes.

Sounds like Air Gear...

LuckyTrouble said:

Seeing her in her underware?  You mean the girl from the other school he saw through his window?

I'm enjoying the anime a lot, probably for the exact reasons you dislike it.  I thought it was going to be a predictable anime where boy meets girl and they start making googly eyes at one another from the beginning and she almost instantly solves his mental hang-up.  However, to my surprise, it's so far been more about the entire team and has been flowing along rather naturally.  In fact, I'm rather pleased that the guy's problem has taken a backseat while the other members grow and become more skilled.

pokoko said:
LuckyTrouble said:

Seeing her in her underware?  You mean the girl from the other school he saw through his window?

I'm enjoying the anime a lot, probably for the exact reasons you dislike it.  I thought it was going to be a predictable anime where boy meets girl and they start making googly eyes at one another from the beginning and she almost instantly solves his mental hang-up.  However, to my surprise, it's so far been more about the entire team and has been flowing along rather naturally.  In fact, I'm rather pleased that the guy's problem has taken a backseat while the other members grow and become more skilled.

God damn it. The characters have made so little indivdual impact, I couldn't even remember who he saw. Personally, I'm aggravated at the fact that the show is not what it advertised itself as. MC? What MC? He is little more than a support character. Honestly, gamer chick has been more of an MC than he has. And you know, I like sports anime. I really like good sports anime. I'm watching Haikyuu, have been watching Kuroko no Basket, am up to date with Yowamushi Pedal, am watching Hajime no Ippo, and am even keeping up with Prince of Stride. Flying Circus is just such a weak made up sport though. I feel no adrenaline watching the matches happen. No rush. No drama. I can tell it isn't what the material is really meant to be focusing on, and that just makes it painful to watch.

It's a show trying too hard to be something it isn't, and trying far too much to stray from its stereotypical eroge VN roots.

Woo, just found out that the Flying Witch manga is being made into an anime.  It has such a super laid back vibe while still being interesting.  Won't be for everyone but I'm looking forward to it.

LuckyTrouble said:

God damn it. The characters have made so little indivdual impact, I couldn't even remember who he saw. Personally, I'm aggravated at the fact that the show is not what it advertised itself as. MC? What MC? He is little more than a support character. Honestly, gamer chick has been more of an MC than he has. And you know, I like sports anime. I really like good sports anime. I'm watching Haikyuu, have been watching Kuroko no Basket, am up to date with Yowamushi Pedal, am watching Hajime no Ippo, and am even keeping up with Prince of Stride. Flying Circus is just such a weak made up sport though. I feel no adrenaline watching the matches happen. No rush. No drama. I can tell it isn't what the material is really meant to be focusing on, and that just makes it painful to watch.

It's a show trying too hard to be something it isn't, and trying far too much to stray from its stereotypical eroge VN roots.

The sport is ridiculous but, really, so are most sports in anime, even when they're based on real sports.  That doesn't bother me much, as most of them depend on made-up techniques, anyway, but to each their own.

As for not being what it advertised itself as, what do you mean?  What advertisement?  

I'm really happy that they're taking the whole cast seriously.  The main guy will obviously get his moment but the anime is just as much about the club itself.  Prince of Stride, for instance, hasn't been just about any one person, either.

Seriously, I loved the latest episode, where Tobisawa learned that the "King of Kings" guy didn't really try against her and thinks a lot more highly of the Flying Fish girl.  You could see how much that hurt her pride.  I'm pretty impressed with the level of writing when it comes to character interactions.  Looking forward to the fight with the girl from England.