By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

ERASED ... is really cutting out and rewriting a fair amount from the manga.  Anyone who feels it's a bit hollow and kind of nonsensical might want to check the manga out when they're done with the anime.

For example, when he found his mom's body the first time, he jumped back a small amount of time to try and save her and ended up chasing the bad guy, only to realize he was being set-up to make it look like he was running from the crime scene.  It was made clear that he was being framed and fell into the trap.  Jumping back to his childhood was a result of trying to force his ability to go back further.  All of that was cut from the anime, along with other things, especially on the 2006 end.

Around the Network

I'm looking everywhere, but if somebody know the name of this anime in the gif below, please let me know. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I choose A-1, Madhouse hasn't kept up and it's a shame really since I much liked their older works such as Death Note, Gunsligner Girl, Monster, Texhnolyze, including Trigun as well ...

Ka-pi96 said:

You... didn't like One Punch Man or Parasyte?

Parasyte was somewhat special to me and while One Punch Man is one of the few anime's that does comedy right that I enjoy, I just can't bring myself to have a higher opinion on it when I watch anime's for it's serious plot so in a couple years it'll become less memorable for me ... 

Madhouse still makes some good content but when everyone else in the industry is shining, their falling behind ...

You need to join Gainax with Trigger since they're practically the same. Nobody cares about modern Gainax anyway.

Also where is J.C. Staff, Ufotable, Studio Deen, KyoAni and Gokumi?

I choose Trigger of course because it's the current home of the anime god himself. Second place will always be Shaft and the 3rd is Probably KyoAni. Gokumi and Deen are sharing the 4th and 5th is J.C. Staff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I thought it before but now it's definite: someone working on Pandora is a big fan of Portal.

I wish they'd remake Devil Hunter Yohko.

J.C. Staff used to be my favourites... then they started to make a lot of crap and not enough index 3... Heavy object is bae tho.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

If we're talking about the last five years, I'd say Madhouse takes it for me, though Bones probably wins overall. I can't think of another studio that's produced as many of my favorite anime over the years. Definitely a tough choice though. Whoever came up with this poll idea needs to be punished somehow...maybe by a giant woman sitting on him or something.

On a side note, as someone who loves the manga but can't handle more than a few minutes of the anime...I really wish One Piece was animated by Bones or Madhouse. Toei seems more interested in putting their budget into big voice actors, and stretching out the source material to ridiculous levels. I'd love to see more effort go into the actual animation. Luffy vs. Lucci animated like the Boros fight? Oh god yes.

------------

Erased was gripping this week, like usual. I agree with Airi's backstory being a little dumb...but I'll chalk that up to culture differences. It's more about the intent than the actual act I suppose.

Also...OH GOD NO WHY FUUUUUCK

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I would also go for A-1 Pictures. I don't know most of the animes they produced (I'll check later) but from the ones you mentioned (Fairy Tail, Erased and Shinsekai Yori) Really stand out in my list!

While a close second could be Madhouse. Animes like NGNL, Death Parade, Chihayafuru and the almighty HOTD! Great poll.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

You guys seem to really like that ERASED anime. I haven't watched it. I took one look at the art style and I lost interest.