By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
I know 11 of those characters, yay for me!

same here only 11

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

Just saw the new episode of musaigen no phantom world... after that ending Headphone chan is best girl, no question about that.

I liked the hint of backstory, and her personality is cool. Definitely like her more than food girl. Still...not sure why she's set up as the "overpowered" character when her powers are kinda unimpressive compared to the rest of the cast.

Mai-senpai remains my fave. I'm already shipping her with Haruhiko lol

I guess loli will have her episode next. I hope she doesn't talk too much. I find her voice to be incredibly grating for some reason. Everytime she says "Albreck-to" I just think of kill.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Shadow8 said:

Just saw the new episode of musaigen no phantom world... after that ending Headphone chan is best girl, no question about that.

I liked the hint of backstory, and her personality is cool. Definitely like her more than food girl. Still...not sure why she's set up as the "overpowered" character when her powers are kinda unimpressive compared to the rest of the cast.

Mai-senpai remains my fave. I'm already shipping her with Haruhiko lol

I guess loli will have her episode next. I hope she doesn't talk too much. I find her voice to be incredibly grating for some reason. Everytime she says "Albreck-to" I just think of kill.

True, her power is cool, but really isn't that great and has a huge weakness. If she catches a cold or another cough, she ain't gonna be that useful xD

Honestly I care more about the bear than the loli atm lol. That bear kicked some serious butt when it grew big for the first time.

Super_Boom said:

I like her, too, but that was odd.  Everyone, including her parents, turned against her because of a relatively unimpressive power like that?  I thought that was very far fetched.  Literally EVERYONE ELSE in the club has a power that I would find more intimidating.  I think this is one of those moments with Japanese anime/manga/games where we're supposed to ignore weak writing and just take it at face value but I really hate doing that.

The only explaination that I can think of is that she got her power while she was a lot younger than usual and had a lot of trouble with control and maybe caused property damage or injured someone by accident--however, if that were the case, such an explaination should be contained in the exposition and it wasn't, which leads us back to weak writing.

Still, this is a series that has improved by leaps and bounds over the first two episodes.

pokoko said:
Super_Boom said:

I like her, too, but that was odd.  Everyone, including her parents, turned against her because of a relatively unimpressive power like that?  I thought that was very far fetched.  Literally EVERYONE ELSE in the club has a power that I would find more intimidating.  I think this is one of those moments with Japanese anime/manga/games where we're supposed to ignore weak writing and just take it at face value but I really hate doing that.

The only explaination that I can think of is that she got her power while she was a lot younger than usual and had a lot of trouble with control and maybe caused property damage or injured someone by accident--however, if that were the case, such an explaination should be contained in the exposition and it wasn't, which leads us back to weak writing.

Still, this is a series that has improved by leaps and bounds over the first two episodes.

Um no... there has been no boob limbo round 2 so improving hasn't occured. We need more boob limbo!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
AsGryffynn said:

Is this some kind of discrete camera show?

Why would any of the posts here suggest that ?

AsGryffynn said:

Oh I know my anime archetypes pretty well...  

I'm almost certain I knew what you were treading on when you used the word "moe" to describe Mira but since the cat's out of the bag I know you won't owe up to it ... 

BTW, your personally revered Dragons Rioting has the so called "fanservice" that you despise much from modern anime's so are you going to change your opinion now ?

Err, yours?

Wait... who's Mira...?

Dragons Rioting has fanservice, but at the very least it doesn't take the run of the mill "be cute and cover everything in fanservice to sell something" approach. In fact, the story is rather cool... 

AsGryffynn said:

Err, yours?

Wait... who's Mira...?

Dragons Rioting has fanservice, but at the very least it doesn't take the run of the mill "be cute and cover everything in fanservice to sell something" approach. In fact, the story is rather cool... 

Cute is an opinion and fanservice is fanservice no matter what ... 

No double standards for you ... 

ERASED ERASED ERASED ERASED ERASED

I need it to be next Thursday already. I refuse to read ahead in the manga. I need to maintain the surprise. These cliffhanger endings are slowly killing me though.

Also, as for Phantom World, even if it has managed to improve, I don't plan on picking it back up. Honestly, I was expecting more out of this season. I don't think I'm keeping up with more than five shows, and that includes ones I'm still watching from last season.

Shadow8 said:

True, her power is cool, but really isn't that great and has a huge weakness. If she catches a cold or another cough, she ain't gonna be that useful xD

Honestly I care more about the bear than the loli atm lol. That bear kicked some serious butt when it grew big for the first time.

Lol, yeah really. One cold and she's done.

I suppose you could argue that with a mostly-female cast there's another problem they all have to worry about. If these girls get on the same cycle, Haruhiko is basically on his own. Fffff...

pokoko said:

It really seems like that to me too. One girl is a walking black hole, another is Saitama with boobs, and the girl that has to read a poem and yell is the overpowered one? Hopefully it gets more exposition later...

I actually enjoyed the pilot, even if my reasons are shallow. At least I admit it! I do think the cast has grown more interesting though. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334