By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Jranation said:

Happy New Year to you too! And everyone here! 

Hopefully we will get a confirmed date for AOT Season 2! So far i have managed to survive from any spoilers after 2 years!!!!!! While all of my friends...... had bad luck! 

Ha ha...nice! Sorta like your friends, I caved and started reading the manga after the first season, though I sort of regret it. The author's artstyle is really unappealing to me, everything just looks so creepy. Which works for the titans....but even the humans look terrifying to me. It's also a monthly manga, which means it usually falls off my radar and I have to refresh myself on what was happening. I usually prefer manga for long-running shounen action series...but with AoT I probably would have preferred sticking with the anime.

Ah well...at least I can brace myself for some of the upcoming events this way. Still looking forward to season 2...mostly... *looks off wistfully*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
vivster said:

Just watched a neat little movie called Cencoroll. It's nice and weird and kinda sad and short. Apparently it was created and animated by a single guy who also wrote the manga for it. The music is by supercell. 

So if you want to have a look at what makes anime so great and have like 30 minutes have a look at it.

I loved the Cencoroll films.  You can certainly see that it's the same guy who did the new Digimon artwork.

Kara no Kyoukai is amazing and in my top 10 anime of all time.

Loved The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars.  Dead Leaves was awesome.  Hotarubi no Mori e was nice, though melancholoy.  The Princess and the Pilot was really good.

... Dai Mahou Touge.

Just watched Kotonoha no Niwa. It's good but I'm really not a big fan of the hyper realistic artstyle.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I finished the first season of Yowamushi Pedal. It isn't the best sport anime ever, but I find myself having already finished the first 38 episodes making up season one. Now I just need to watch the last 24 episodes and see how the Inter-High race concludes.

LuckyTrouble said:
I finished the first season of Yowamushi Pedal. It isn't the best sport anime ever, but I find myself having already finished the first 38 episodes making up season one. Now I just need to watch the last 24 episodes and see how the Inter-High race concludes.

Fair warning, if you say bad things about this one I will find you... and force you to watch boku no pico on replay for 10 days straight.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

It really sucks that this thread had a ton of it's activity dropped down and it also kinda sucks that Ka-pi96 isn't here anymore ...

We're going into winter 2016 and OP has yet to update the thread past summer 2015 ... (6 months behind)

Looking to be the best season in a long while and absolutely nothing for show for it ...

fatslob-:O said:

It really sucks that this thread had a ton of it's activity dropped down and it also kinda sucks that Ka-pi96 isn't here anymore ...

We're going into winter 2016 and OP has yet to update the thread past summer 2015 ... (6 months behind)

Looking to be the best season in a long while and absolutely nothing for show for it ...

To be fair, we're coming out of the holidays, and the winter season is still a bit off from actually starting. There aren't new shows to really discuss since pretty much none of the regulars seem to watch any of the handful of shows still actively going, and otherwise a lot of people are settling into new schedules as the new year begins.

That said, it should be fairly clear by now that the OP isn't coming back in any meaningful capacity. If someone actually believes they're going to stick around, I invite somebody to make an Official Anime Discussion Thread 2.0 (Winter 2016 Edition). Less replies may look less daunting to newcomers, and otherwise an up to date first post and poll would be pretty alright.

LuckyTrouble said:

That said, it should be fairly clear by now that the OP isn't coming back in any meaningful capacity. If someone actually believes they're going to stick around, I invite somebody to make an Official Anime Discussion Thread 2.0 (Winter 2016 Edition). Less replies may look less daunting to newcomers, and otherwise an up to date first post and poll would be pretty alright.

Whoa! You have a title planned and everything. I nominate you to make the new anime thread.

*slow claps and looks around*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

A new anime thread for each season might not be a bad idea.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
A new anime thread for each season might not be a bad idea.

I dunno. This one thread format effectively worked for a year and several months before it started slowing down, putting us up to a current 413 pages of conversation. I'm feeling a real "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach is valid here.

Though, I suppose it would alleviate the problem of a disappearing OP.