By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

So far AOTY is Junketsu no Maria. What are you all talking about?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
"AOTY is without a doubt GANGSTA!!!" lol no, AOTY currently is Non Non Biyori Repeat easily.

YES! PROPS!

My Anime of the Year to this point is "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?" Pretty much every episode was on point and it delivered several epic moments.

Charlotte is not AOTY. It didn't punch me in the feels nearly as much as I expected it to, and the story got a little weird and rushed by the end. There was potential, but it was kind of squandered. Charlotte wasn't bad. It just wasn't great.

Gangsta is not AOTY. As the final project before a studio was pushed to bankruptcy, well, I think that speaks for itself.

GATE is not AOTY. It was certainly interesting and fun to watch, but the second cour being delayed to next year hasn't done the show any favors. As far as I'm concerned, GATE is only half finished and can not be accurately judged yet.

Rokka is not AOTY. I found it fairly interesting to watch, but I do acknowledge that the pacing may have been slower than desirable since it meant some characters ended up barely developed. Rokka would really shine given a second season.

Tokyo Ghoul season two was kind of ass. It's the opposite of AOTY. If we were voting for biggest disappointment, it would rank pretty high since they just said screw the source material and did their own thing.

Monster Musume...just...so weird. I enjoyed it, but it is hardly some mind blowing AOTY.

You all want to know what the real AOTY is? Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma. If another show manages to do as much right as that one did before this year is up, I will be amazed. Pacing was great, the characters were awesome, the mix of comedy and intensity focused around food was top notch. It surprised, amazed, and kept me hooked start to finish. It was a surprise hit that did so much right.

The real AOTY is Hacka doll yo

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
Charlotte is not AOTY. It didn't punch me in the feels nearly as much as I expected it to, and the story got a little weird and rushed by the end. There was potential, but it was kind of squandered. Charlotte wasn't bad. It just wasn't great.

Gangsta is not AOTY. As the final project before a studio was pushed to bankruptcy, well, I think that speaks for itself.

GATE is not AOTY. It was certainly interesting and fun to watch, but the second cour being delayed to next year hasn't done the show any favors. As far as I'm concerned, GATE is only half finished and can not be accurately judged yet.

Rokka is not AOTY. I found it fairly interesting to watch, but I do acknowledge that the pacing may have been slower than desirable since it meant some characters ended up barely developed. Rokka would really shine given a second season.

Tokyo Ghoul season two was kind of ass. It's the opposite of AOTY. If we were voting for biggest disappointment, it would rank pretty high since they just said screw the source material and did their own thing.

Monster Musume...just...so weird. I enjoyed it, but it is hardly some mind blowing AOTY.

You all want to know what the real AOTY is? Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma. If another show manages to do as much right as that one did before this year is up, I will be amazed. Pacing was great, the characters were awesome, the mix of comedy and intensity focused around food was top notch. It surprised, amazed, and kept me hooked start to finish. It was a surprise hit that did so much right.

I agree on this, I agree very much on this... But I still am an Oregairu fanboy so.... Oregairu 2 is AOTY for me.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Because I can, here's a nice gif from God Eater:

LuckyTrouble said:

Because I can, here's a nice gif from God Eater:

damn that is a nice gif. You've convinced me to check something out this fall other than One-Punch Man.

Versus_Evil said:

Dravenet7 said:

damn that is a nice gif. You've convinced me to check something out this fall other than One-Punch Man.

Stahp! Your better of waiting till Winter 16 to start watching it, last 4 episodes where delayed to that season.

Are you serious!? Its only 12 episodes long to begin with. Augh the agony!Its the only anime since KLK that I was actually 100% hyped for and wasn't looking to be a dissapointment like DBS. 

Dravenet7 said:
Versus_Evil said:
Stahp! Your better of waiting till Winter 16 to start watching it, last 4 episodes where delayed to that season.
Are you serious!? Its only 12 episodes long to begin with. Augh the agony! Its the only anime since KLK that I was actually 100% hyped for and wasn't looking to be a dissapointment like DBS.

Trust me, when I heard that they were delaying the last four episodes (it's actually 13 episodes long :p), I wanted to punch somebody since God Eater really isn't bad. The story isn't amazingly strong, but the action and monsters look cool, and the animation is good stuff.