By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:
LuckyTrouble said:

So I finally started watching Charlotte. It took me awhile to finally start in because literally the first five minutes of the first episode completely put me off of the anime for months. They turned the douche level up to 11, and it was hard to sit through. The last half of the first episode gets better at least, and then the roller coaster starts moving.

First impression after watching through episode 11 in one sitting: the feels on the bus go sad sad sad, sad sad sad, sad sad sad

I do have a few minor complaints though. Plot holes, if you will. One of which may get cleared up before the end which is the fact that somehow Yu remembered an alternate timeline. Why did some of his memories seem to come into the past and follow him into the new future? I'm guessing this has to do with something pertinent to Yu's powers that nobody realizes yet. Also, the whole deal with Nao's brother and the singer. I get that Yu got some major character development out of it, and it helped to further establish his realization of just how much he cares about Nao. At the same time, he time leapt, and now Nao's brother is still totally crazy and nothing was gained in the relationship between Yu and Nao in a mutual way.

Granted, maybe they realize that, and, once again, it will be covered. In the end though, the mystery and potential misstep haven't yet damaged the fact that this is rounding out to be an experience of great feels. Angel Beats being on the TV at one point was a nice touch.

That's a very good point. That scene was amazing ship development, and suddenly Nao's half was just...chopped off. It hope that something happens in the next two episodes to make up for that. Either regaining memories of another timeline like Yuu did, or they undergo an even bigger development than that.

And poor brother needs to saved of course.

Speaking of plot holes...maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but two episodes ago didn't someone tell Yuu that everyone he possessed is no longer able to use their powers?  If so...I'm confused, because I'm pretty sure he possessed Nao multiples times in the first timeline, and she definitely used her powers afterwards. Maybe it warrants a rewatch...but I think something's wrong there.

Nah, he never ended up possessing Nao. The first time Yu meets her, she's invisible and proceeds to kick the crap out of him. After that, she just slowly won him over to her way of thinking and operating. He hasn't possessed any members of the student council even one time, and you figure they would have made some kind of fuss if he had, since they've been aware of his true power since before they ever met him.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:

Nah, he never ended up possessing Nao. The first time Yu meets her, she's invisible and proceeds to kick the crap out of him. After that, she just slowly won him over to her way of thinking and operating. He hasn't possessed any members of the student council even one time, and you figure they would have made some kind of fuss if he had, since they've been aware of his true power since before they ever met him.

Ah really? I guess it really is worth a rewatch then. *scratches head*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

LuckyTrouble said:

I spent yesterday evening and the afternoon today watching something from last year called Hitsugi no Chaika (AKA: Chaika - The Coffin Princess). It didn't have the most complicated plot, but it was an enjoyable 22 episodes. The OVA episode was just two comedic scenarios that take place prior to the end of season one, but it was a nice, lighthearted way to finish everything off.

As interesting as the show was, I have to say, the ending felt super halfassed. Considering the light novels I believe are still going (or just finished earlier this year), I suppose it's probably pretty obvious that they manufactured an ending for the anime, and it just seems like they tried too hard to wrap everything up in a nice little bow. Just a lot of those really convenient things occurred that tend to happen once an adaptation realizes it won't be getting a chance to progress any further.

The rest of the series was worth a watch and exceeded the approximately zero expectations I had from just randomly picking it from one of my anime sites. Overall I'd say it's a solid 7.5/10. It would have been closer to an 8/10 had the ending been a bit more passable.

No need to worry about it ... 

The last volume is just an epilogue so the actual story ended in volume 11 which wasn't released before the anime aired but judging from the second hand information it appears the author was involved to keep the anime on the same track as the novel ... 

From my view nothing about the adaption was rushed but I would've liked more details surrounding Gaz's death and Chaika's memory ...

Oh my god what a great episode

I decided to watch something called Outbreak Company which was apparently part of the Fall 2013 season. It ended up being a bit of a treat. It was funny, had an interesting story, and was overall very entertaining to watch. It even has a good dub available, which is always a pleasant surprise.

I would recommend Outbreak Company if you need something small to watch at some point. It only got a single 12 episode season, but the ending is enough of an actual ending to leave me relatively satisfied.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:

Oh my god what a great episode

Repeat has been awesome.  I love how it's showing more of the side characters.  Renge's sister cracks me up.  Renge, of course, is amazing.

So, I passed on Overlord after one episode at the beginning of the season because it just didn't hook me enough then and there. It wasn't so much that I dropped it. It was more like I completely forgot about it. In my boredom, I decided to start in on episode two. Then three. Now I just finished off episode nine. All in all, it is surprisingly good. I found a site that has six of the light novels translated with the seventh in progress, so I think I'll start digging into those before a whole lot longer.

In the middle of kill LA kill; very funny.
My roommates and I are all dressing as anime characters for Halloween. Yuno from future diaries, Diva from blood+, Saeko from high school of the dead, and I'm gonna be IRA from Kill la kill XD

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Finishing up Shiki, not caring for the series.

Milky Holmes is so stupid. It's 92% awful and 16% brilliant.