By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

TheBlackNaruto said:

Well if they are giving EVERY game they release every year to the subscription the following year then wouldn't that hurt EA money wise? For instance why buy the next Fifa, the next BF or Madden when they come out if all I have to do is wait til the following year and get all of them for $30? So EA would essentially be getting $30 as opposed to say $180(not including taxes of course). And of course this will hurt used game sells there is no denying that. 

From the games currently available they are not "old" games they are games that are only about a year old. Fifa 14, Madden 25, BF4 heck those are the latest games in their respective series. Heck some of them are not even a year old yet Madden 25 and Fifa 14 for example. So yeah I can see them losing more money than they would gain. Great value for consumers without a doubt though. Because I can save over $150 a year to play these games now. 

Sports games devalue super fast and after a year barely anybody buys them. I'm pretty sure EA will introduce them in the program 4-5, 5-6 months after release as they sell a lot.

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
Would be nice to have a choice in the matter.

True. My choice would have been "Dont put this on the PS4"

Today I learned, that sony refusing ea sub thread is now a bunch of people jerking each other off about how ps now is a ripp of compared to ea access.

I apologize if this question has already been asked/answered, but could this be good news for Microsoft???
Or do I just sound silly???

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
I apologize if this question has already been asked/answered, but could this be good news for Microsoft???

No you're just late. Yesterday it was good news, even Sony fans said it was good and wanted that offering, too. 

But then Sony told the community it wasn't a good deal and thus the followers took this opinion and now it's bad.

Welcome to the internet in 2014.

Around the Network
leedlelee said:

Very good news!!!

Gamers like me that never played Madden (only Fifa), Battlefield (Halo, Titanfall), PVZ, Need for Speed and other EA games will find this a good deal.

And if this trend catch on, let's say Ubis., Activ., 2k and Square Enix do this?

-Gamers would have more access to games on Xbox than other consoles and at cheaper price.

-Most likely the XBL subs would go up (good news for MS).

-More people would buy newer games from those publishers as there will be discounts on the release dates.

-What really excites MS in my opinion is that gamers will have more disposable income to spend on their store.

gooch_destroyer said:
Today I learned, that sony refusing ea sub thread is now a bunch of people jerking each other off about how ps now is a ripp of compared to ea access.

Sorry about that, its just that when Sony comes out talking about "Good Value" you have to compare it to something that they're offering for the same price. And if I'm not mistaken that was $30 for 90 days for 1 game vs $30 for 1 year of multiple games. Or the more popular, $5 for 4 hours of 1 game vs $5 for 1 month of multiple games. The fact that the price was even given to beta testers should be an insult, but its ok because its not final? Shouldn't test prices be lower than actual prices? I just don't see how they can explain the reason for making 4 hours cost that much, its basically a demo.

To me, it feels like IF EA offered the service on PS4, Sony must have disagreed on the price tag of bringing the service as opposed to them thinking it's not good value.

I'm pretty bummed this isn't coming on the PS4.

Goatseye said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well if they are giving EVERY game they release every year to the subscription the following year then wouldn't that hurt EA money wise? For instance why buy the next Fifa, the next BF or Madden when they come out if all I have to do is wait til the following year and get all of them for $30? So EA would essentially be getting $30 as opposed to say $180(not including taxes of course). And of course this will hurt used game sells there is no denying that. 

From the games currently available they are not "old" games they are games that are only about a year old. Fifa 14, Madden 25, BF4 heck those are the latest games in their respective series. Heck some of them are not even a year old yet Madden 25 and Fifa 14 for example. So yeah I can see them losing more money than they would gain. Great value for consumers without a doubt though. Because I can save over $150 a year to play these games now. 

Sports games devalue super fast and after a year barely anybody buys them. I'm pretty sure EA will introduce them in the program 4-5, 5-6 months after release as they sell a lot.

That makes sense but still wouldn't that be shooting themselves in the foot kind of? I mean again why buy the game if I only have to wait 6 months or so to almost get it for free(even though $30 a year is not "free" but a STEAL would be an understatement). Again GREAT value for consumers and it will save us tons of money!  

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
walsufnir said:
leedlelee said:

No you're just late. Yesterday it was good news, even Sony fans said it was good and wanted that offering, too. 

But then Sony told the community it wasn't a good deal and thus the followers took this opinion and now it's bad.

Welcome to the internet in 2014.

can you give examples, i would love to know who said it was good yesterday aand are saying its garbage now, show us please those comments.

I didn't say it was the same people.