By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

Goatseye said:
GanjaMonkey said:

LMAO no...PS4 has sold a LOTR more software then x1..ask ubisoft and EA. Also LOLCHARTZ numbers ...last we hard the attach rate was the same, but keep deflecting cause x1 is getting pummelled by PS4.

Why do you keep coming back like this man?

Just say sorry, beg for second chance and the mods will accept you back.

They shouldn't.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Sony might be right. It's not really a great value now. If they bring it over in a year or two, with more games available it would be a great value.

All depending on EA and what they decide to offer.

The consumers should decide if its a great value. $30 a year for access to games valued over $100 is a bad deal?

It seems to many Sony just doesn't like competition.

That does not make Sony wrong.  I agree that Sony should have given the consumer the decision.  Since they did not, this is the only way their statement makes any sense (I dont buy the competition part, as EA could easily say you cannot put our games on PSNow)

Tamron said:
walsufnir said:

Why wouldn't they let their customers decide what is of value and what isn't? Sounds like they are bitter.

You need to take a few days off the forums i think, your dislike for playstation and everything that is on it has been getting more and more blatent as of late.

in this case for what is NOT on playstation

such scandalous

walsufnir should be permabanned

This is why sony are bitter towards this program. If people subscribe to this. There will be alot less copies sold on those games. therefor sony doesnt get their usual cut per game sold. 100% of revenue goes to EA. EA are bypassing the system.

To those saying it is bad for the industry is this works out.

Why?

Lets name some big Publishers, or has already been said Ubisoft, EA, Activision, ect.

Lets say there is 4 companies doing this. That's ONLY $120. The price of ONLY 2 games.

For that price I get the entire BACKLOG of all that companies games. Hell I'd be fine not owning a new game ever. Just pay my $120 a year and play whatever huge catalog of games is available for free.

Sounds like an awesome idea imo. I mean hell I pay like $120 a year for Netflix. This would basically be like Netflix for video games. Obviously not the new releases, but I can wait 6 months.

Around the Network
yum123 said:
This is why sony are bitter towards this program. If people subscribe to this. There will be alot less copies sold on those games. therefor sony doesnt get their usual cut per game sold. 100% of revenue goes to EA. EA are bypassing the system.

Tell that to Netflix.  Has netflix doomed all Blu Ray/DVD sales?

GanjaMonkey said:
Goatseye said:
cpg716 said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Team XBox ganging up on Sony in this thread. It's really funny how wound up we get over insignificant public statements.

Meanwhile the PS4 machine will roll on - beating XBone across the board.

Across the board..   X1 still has a higher game attach rate then the PS4.   Something the X360 did also over the PS3..     so.. not "across the board'.

What is funny is..  Even though people spent MORE on buying their X1.. they then still spend MORE on games then PS4 owners do..

That has been the norm since OG Xbox.

More BS, proof??? PS4 has sold Considerably more software WW then x1.......And will continue to do so. LAst we heard official numbers they were both at 2.9 Attach rate, anyone using LOLCHARTZ numbers for software is a moron. MS is losing in software and hardware, thats all that matters.

You don't seem to understand how attach rate works..    How much more software PS4 has sold has nothing to do with comparing the attach rate..  You divide software sales, by console sales..    Selling more.. does not give you a higher attach rate..    its the ratio.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

irstupid said:

Why?

Lets name some big Publishers, or has already been said Ubisoft, EA, Activision, ect.

Lets say there is 4 companies doing this. That's ONLY $120. The price of ONLY 2 games.

For that price I get the entire BACKLOG of all that companies games.
Hell I'd be fine not owning a new game ever. Just pay my $120 a year and play whatever huge catalog of games is available for free.

Sounds like an awesome idea imo. I mean hell I pay like $120 a year for Netflix. This would basically be like Netflix for video games. Obviously not the new releases, but I can wait 6 months.

It's funny how in the 4 years since PS+'s inception, PS gamers have been saying "it pays for itself" with giving out IGC games and Xbox gamers have said "it's not worth it"....now you get a similar service by way of paying a subscription and getting tons of games, and you all love it, it's "worth it", it totally pays for itself because the games cover the price, and you like "renting" games now (you all used to hate "renting" games, as you'd rather own them...until the rules of XBone GwG and now EA Access have come out).

Sheesh

BMaker11 said:
irstupid said:

Why?

Hell I'd be fine not owning a new game ever. Just pay my $120 a year and play whatever huge catalog of games is available for free.

It's funny how in the 4 years since PS+'s inception, PS gamers have been saying "it pays for itself" with giving out IGC games and Xbox gamers have said "it's not worth it"....now you get a similar service by way of paying a subscription and getting tons of games, and you all love it, it's "worth it", it totally pays for itself because the games cover the price, and you like "renting" games now (you all used to hate "renting" games, as you'd rather own them...until the rules of XBone GwG and now EA Access have come out).

Sheesh

So does this mean you're against renting now? Cuz the roles sure do seem to have flipped in this thread. Wouldn't you PS+ guys be the first ones to understand why we like it.

BMaker11 said:
irstupid said:

Why?

Sheesh

I don't have PS+ or Gold.  Have never had either.  Never paid for online gaming ever, besides MMO's on PC.  So I could be wrong on how they work.  But here is how I believe it is.

If i buy PS+ today my catalog of FREE games is ZERO.  I have no free games.  Now each month I have it they will start giving me free games (whatever game they decide, not me) and that goes into my catalog of games.  If i quit PS+ for a while and come back my catalog is still there of games, but again I get NONE of the games that were given out while I was away.  

Same scenerio roughly for Gold Games on XBOX.  

So YOU guys who keep saying how many free games you got and how great a deal it is ect.  It's for a long term person.  For me who would be joining TODAY.  I have nothing and am waiting.  I don't get Uncharterd 2 or whatever Uncharted/s were given away fro free.  I can't instantly start playing Infamous for free.

Now this EA Access thing sounds like as soon as I sign up I have INSTANT access to the entire Vault that EVERYONE else has.  Doesn't matter if I have been a member for 3 years or 3 minutes.  I get access to the same games as everyone else.  If I leave for a while and come back I get access again to the ENTIRE vault.  No missing anything.  

now sure these games will be older.  Say Fifa 14, when Fifa 15 is out, or Madden 2015 when the football season is over, ect.  (just used sports games for reference, there are other genres)  But for just $5 in one month I get to basically rent EVERY SINGLE game EA has made except their brand new games.  That sounds like a great deal.  Hell if I have friends over I quickly buy the $5 thing and bam we can play any sports game we want.  No needing to go to redbox or something and deciding what game we shoudl rent.  

This is things PS+ and Gold as far as I know don't have.  Instant Access to all that EVERYONE else has.  People who have been PS+ members for many years now of course think its the second coming becuase they have like 100 free games and there has to be some that are good.  Meanwhile me joining Today has NOTHING.