By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

AZWification said:
Aura7541 said:

The best we can do is just ignore him. What would cool is if the mods can delete his comments as if he wasn't even there. It'll help the threads be less FlamingWeasel-infested.

Yeah, I guess so.. I do wonder if he'll ever get bored of making alts and just say " Fuck it!"..

Then he'll go from FlamingWeasel to a FlamedOutWeasel 

Around the Network

Of course they didn't want the service....PS now....
Sony wants all our moneyz!

Avro1958 said:
Well every business is obviously in it to make money... But then you have EA who takes it to new extremes. They are trying to get more money from IP that has all but dried up. This is not a crazy value, I mean it's good for some that have not played these games but for a good portion of us we have already played or own these games.

What this is good for are those busy people who only have the time and money to really only buy a few games per year (yes people like that do exist).

To these people, PS + and Gold free games are more then they can handle. This EA plan gives access to games that people normally wouldn't have touched.

In the end, EA will make money off of dying games and people who pay will play them (when they wouldn't have otherwise).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

AZWification said:
Ka-pi96 said:

What of those that use shared ips? Like most of us in the UK?

Ugh... That's true! How are we going to get rid of Weazel then?! He keeps making alts over and over and over again!! >_<

At this point, it is clear someone should go to walmart and buy him a life. It is really concerning that someone would be as stubborn as he is and stick around a place where absolutely no one wants to have anything to do with him.

Aura7541 said:

Then he'll go from FlamingWeasel to a FlamedOutWeasel 

The day that happens I will throw a damn party! I'm not even joking!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

LOL wow... Like, I don't like EA but not giving an option for those that do is such a dick move

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The thing that bother me a little is how Sony knows that EA access doesn't represent a good value to us? I mean, as far as I'm concern, they didn't ask me anything. For the record, EA access doesn't represent any value to me mainly because there aren't any game that I could be interested in but I only speak for myself. It's just a hunch but I have a feeling Sony refused the service due to competition to ps now.

eh.. all in all.. threads like these will be like gold for mass ridicule when 2nd hand game shops cease to exist and we are left with either buying only new games or having to subscribe for older games. this, i fear will ultimately set a new precedence in the console gaming world where every publisher decides to run their own subscription plan and we as gamers can only sit back and look at the mess we accepted and decided for ourselves. Typically in the gaming world, it's not the casual consumers that dictate the direction of gaming, but the core/hardcore gamers. we as the core gaming community accept this.. then it's basically all she wrote.

if EA Access proves successful and extremely profitable, guaranteed, others, if not the majority of, publishers will follow. what's to stop them when people will accept it?  also, when this happens, what's to stop a pub from progressing further and cut out physical copies entirely and force people to go all digital? sub plans like this would ultimately make physical disc games obsolete. there would be no need for a 2nd hand market because nobody will have anything to trade/sell. noone will truly ever own another game they purchase again.. to be able to play will require some sort of paywall. If EA succeeds in this, then I guess MS's initial X1 vision will now ultimately come to fruition.  the simple answes to drm/digital only/subscriptions blockades like these  use to be.. "answer with your wallet"  guess we finally did.

Happy gaming folks.. or shall I say soon.. Happy renting folks.  the wheels have been turned..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BraLoD said:
I think Sony have a point there, preventing the company to start something that can affect the whole current system there, when all of them might wanna start programs like this and PS+ (and XB system too) would becomw pointless and players would be tied with lots of memberships and end up paying more than needed.
While I think the value still can be good to some people now and that's gonna be bad to some PS players wanting to get it, I think Sony did a wise move.
PS+ offers great value to a all-in-one service and it's very simple to manage. And now with PSNow too getting tied with more and more things could become troublesome, expensive and too much flooded. I hope it stops with EA..., and Sony move will help it to not spreed.

No, Sony move will just ensure it doesn't spread to PS4, and its users will have no options, while XOne users will have plenty to choose from.

PS+ has moved to paid multiplayer, so everyone needs it now, unlike in PS3 days. This EA move of course threatens Sony, but for them to assume that we are morons who cannot keep up with our subscriptions is so condescending.

XOne Gold will now have more competition, and they will need to adapt to keep up with their $60 price proposal. XOne gamers will see their subscription value increase, fir sure.

sales2099 said:
ChaosPlanet said:
BenVTrigger said:

I was actually somewhat defending Sony and PSNow in the last EA Access thread but after this theres zero way to defend them.

saying EA Access is bad for gamers and then offering insane pricing on Now with worse quality is rediculous.

All you ignorant idiots bringing up PS now pricing when it is not fianl are just that idiots:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-may-offer-a-subscription-option-for-playstation-now

Sony is looking at new pricing as we speak.

Meanewhile PS4 gamers have to PAY those ridulous prices to to try the beta.

To all PS fans here: You guys enjoying 1st place......cause so far I am seeing outrageous pricing for their own services as well as denying customers choice.......making decisions for them.

Wow I didn't know the beta meant we still had to pay the crazy prices. Oh well I wont be paying anything period until they get the pricing down.