By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Project CARS Skipping Wii U In Australia

WiiU-Dude said:
menx64 said:
daredevil.shark said:
menx64 said:
well, the story unfolds little by little... Next we know is going to be digital only and then the inevitable...

Cant bleame namco bandai. Third party games sells horribly in nintendo platforms since N64 era. This might happen.

I am not blaming anyone, I am just calling it now. We know is going to happen so why even bother to delay the news?

Can anyone offer an educated guess with perhaps even a precedent to hope that if the awful possibility were to happen and this game eventually did get cancelled, that if enough developement and code was created specifically the Wii U that Nintendo could possibly swoop in and save the game from never being released?

I guess the only similar example is bayonetta 2. I dont have the link, but I recall a journalist stating he was shown somw bayonetta 2 info and the wiiU logo was not even there. Nintendo probably picked up the game on an very early state. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

It's confirmed as still coming to Australia:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234242-project-cars-still-set-to-launch-on-wii-u-in-australia

Would be stupid for them not to release the Wii U version in any region after promising it specifically on the Wii U since before Wii U launch. But I'm glad the rumor was ended

menx64 said:
WiiU-Dude said:
menx64 said:
daredevil.shark said:
menx64 said:
well, the story unfolds little by little... Next we know is going to be digital only and then the inevitable...

Cant bleame namco bandai. Third party games sells horribly in nintendo platforms since N64 era. This might happen.

I am not blaming anyone, I am just calling it now. We know is going to happen so why even bother to delay the news?

Can anyone offer an educated guess with perhaps even a precedent to hope that if the awful possibility were to happen and this game eventually did get cancelled, that if enough developement and code was created specifically the Wii U that Nintendo could possibly swoop in and save the game from never being released?

I guess the only similar example is bayonetta 2. I dont have the link, but I recall a journalist stating he was shown somw bayonetta 2 info and the wiiU logo was not even there. Nintendo probably picked up the game on an very early state. 

I believe it will make it out...but...I think Bayonetta 2 is a good example. I guess I just hope Nintendo would see how much certain fans really would like this title. It would be another show of Nintendo's dedicatiin to it's hardcore based fans.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm actually tired of hearing about project cars now.