By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Just watched my first Blu-Ray movie!

Shinsekai said:
I understand you jaja , i thought that there wasn't any big differences but weeks ago i went to sony store , and watch a blu-ray movie (spiderman3) in a 60' sony and i was like wtfff you can see peolple make up. the quality is incredible i can't wait to get blu-ray movies

haha prolly why they made the Blu- ray makeup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Wow. Now make sure you lie down and drink plenty of water. One's first experience with the Blu-Ray can severely strain the body. Are you okay?

I've been sweating heavily while watching and have been drinking some energy-drinks but yea, i think i am At least for now, lol! j/k!...

THE NETHERLANDS

iclim4 said:
My first blu-ray was Planet earth.
The crocodiles made me go "WOAH O.O!!"

also you havent seen planet earth till you turn on motion enhancer in an XBR 4/5 while watching, everything seems so life like.

Everyone needs to experience that series. HD just makes it so much better. Well worth the entry fee. It will change your outlook on the world.

I can't remember my first Blu-Ray movie (I think it was either Silent Hill or Layer Cake). They were made earlier in the Blu-Ray life cycle, thus they did not look as good. I think the first time I was ever just blown away was watching Ratatouille. That movie looks PHENOMENAL in hi-def.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

whats the difference between hd-dvd in blue-ray?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
I can't remember my first Blu-Ray movie (I think it was either Silent Hill or Layer Cake). They were made earlier in the Blu-Ray life cycle, thus they did not look as good. I think the first time I was every just blown away was watching Ratatouille. That movie looks PHENOMENAL in hi-def.

I agree Ratatouille looed insane. Especially when it zoomed in on the hairs of the rats.

And yea back at home(i'm in school now) my parents have a Bravia and the motion enhancer makes things look so life-like it's almost scary.

My first Blu-Ray was 300. It was very f**king awesome. Right now I'm watching 28 Weeks Later on Blu-Ray, it to looks incredible.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
LISMDK said:
My first Blu-Ray was 300. It was very f**king awesome.

Ack I hated that Blu-ray.
All the random dots popping out everywhere was annoying as hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Lol...I agree completely. I get annoyed by people that have NEVER seen a blu-ray hooked up to a 1080p tv with HDMI cables--and try to say, it's not much of a difference from their upscaling dvd player. They are flat out wrong, lying, or have poor eye sight. Blu-ray offers a huge advantage in quality once hooked up properly to the right tv with the 7.1 uncompressed audio--HUGE!

I was one of the people with an upscaling dvd player before I got a blu-ray player. I didn't think there would be much of a quality difference either. I swallow my uninformed opinion because I was completely wrong. I now am replacing all my dvd's with blu-rays--and sell the old dvd for $4 or so on ebay once I do replace it.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

300 watch 300!!!!! WOWZERS! that was my first blu-ray experience. As far as blu-ray goes with "kiddie computer generated movies" watch the simpsons and... (i was really impressed with this one) Ice age 2.