By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Xbox can easily beat PlayStation. Simple logic

People arguing about a joke...
This is a joke... Right?

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
Phronesis said:
People arguing about a joke...
This is a joke... Right?

To be fair, even though I'm 90% certain this is a joke, a little tiny voice inside me is reminding me that this is the Internet. Just because something is completely and utterly ridiculous, doesn't necessarily mean it's not intended earnestly. x3 but yeah, I got a good laugh out of this, so pretty sure it's a joke. :3

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

No. Bill Gates buys PlayStation and Nintendo and compete against Steam!

Even if that were an option, dedicated game consoles appears to be a shrinking market. Probably not a good idea to buy Playstation right now.

I mean the Playstation's handheld consoles are dead. So the brand has already lost some relevance.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If they wanted to do this, they'd have done so years ago. Thing is, Playstation isn't for sale. Microsoft would have to buy all of Sony, and why the hell would they want to do that?

Also, Bill Gates hasn't been the head of Microsoft for a long time. If he did this, HE would own the Playstation brand, not Microsoft. He's a philanthropist and all, but I don't think he's going to somehow buy Playstation and then just give it to Microsoft after paying for it from his own pocket. Just saying. Flaw in your "simple" logic.

Around the Network

So Bill Gates would give away billions of dollars to buy out a struggling company, and then promptly donate it to Microsoft? OK.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

This "what if" thread has run its course and really doesn't offer folks the chance for constructive discussion, so I'll take it out back...

Locking! ^_^