By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want see in Destiny Full Release?

I don't want it grabbing my cash like an over-rated hooker... In other words, if the rumours of 3 month $30 expansions are true, and lets say they do this for 2 years... Thats like what? $300sh by the end of the 2 years... Like jeez, no thanks lolll. Granted a subscription model charges more (or less depending on which mmo you are playing) and this is an mmo but still, thats a lot of money! Specially since we see a lot of MMO's are either becoming f2p or have no inital fee to buy the game or other methods of cutting down costs (with the exception of some)

And secondly, and most importantly, I hope its not overhyped or overrated (which from some of my friends, it seems to be the case atm). And hopefully, this will truely be an awesome experience and doesn't end up like TitanFall

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I don't want it grabbing my cash like an over-rated hooker... In other words, if the rumours of 3 month $30 expansions are true, and lets say they do this for 2 years... Thats like what? $300sh by the end of the 2 years... Like jeez, no thanks lolll. Granted a subscription model charges more (or less depending on which mmo you are playing) and this is an mmo but still, thats a lot of money! Specially since we see a lot of MMO's are either becoming f2p or have no inital fee to buy the game or other methods of cutting down costs (with the exception of some)

And secondly, and most importantly, I hope its not overhyped or overrated (which from some of my friends, it seems to be the case atm). And hopefully, this will truely be an awesome experience and doesn't end up like TitanFall

I never understoop people's issues with Subscriptions (which 30 bucks every 3 months would be like a 9.99 sub).

For instance I bough FF14 in April, go one month free, bought 2 more. Game was 40.00 so esssential with tax I paid 70 bucks for 3 months of gaming. WAY cheaper then buying games for 60 I can beat in 2-3 weeks, then getting another.

In my experiance subscription based games try harder to make the game more ingaging because the want to make you come back. F2P games (like GW2) like to create situation where you will buy microtransactions. So the me F2P=micro transactions   Subscription= Content.... look at it like that which would you choose.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

can't wait to make a VGC battle clan! I really hope the add-on stuff is significant and no more than $15 if it's every 3 months. Branching classes are nice or make it so you can switch your skills Diablo 3 style so I don't have to worry about messing up once and ruining a character I spent 100 hours on.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
can't wait to make a VGC battle clan! I really hope the add-on stuff is significant and no more than $15 if it's every 3 months. Branching classes are nice or make it so you can switch your skills Diablo 3 style so I don't have to worry about messing up once and ruining a character I spent 100 hours on.

it already has a suedo branch system. Each subclass has 3 types of grenades, you pick one. Also you can only activate 2 of 6 Codex which customize your stats to the situation or your play style. You have to chose between Armor, Agility and Regen for your subclass but your can change codex at any time.

IMO, the beta was great.

Tight controls.
Awesome graphics
Lots of weapons
Level up classes
Huge bosses
Co-Op quests
Co-op single player
Vehicles / with & without weapons
Smart AI

I would want to see in the final game,
- Lots of planets to explore
- Co-op available as an option throughout the entire game
- More weather effects. Snow storms, Blizzards, Sands storms, Huge rain down pours.

Around the Network
bigjon said:

I never understoop people's issues with Subscriptions (which 30 bucks every 3 months would be like a 9.99 sub).

For instance I bough FF14 in April, go one month free, bought 2 more. Game was 40.00 so esssential with tax I paid 70 bucks for 3 months of gaming. WAY cheaper then buying games for 60 I can beat in 2-3 weeks, then getting another.

In my experiance subscription based games try harder to make the game more ingaging because the want to make you come back. F2P games (like GW2) like to create situation where you will buy microtransactions. So the me F2P=micro transactions   Subscription= Content.... look at it like that which would you choose.

Well... I get what ur saying and you do have a very valid point but my thinking is more like, if I buy a new game, it will mean a completely new experience vs sticking with the same game with just added content, granted the content might be better/newer than the current game but its still a similar experience. Like, if you were to save those $30, you will be able to buy two more games per year and depending on how much time you spend on ur new games, it might = more than the time you spend on a subscription based game while saving money.

And I do get much more milage out of games without subscription model than with subscription model from my experience (but obviously yours might be different). Like I spend a lot of hours in mw2 or sc2 or mk8 and etc which is much more time that I spent on a game like WoW cause of those three games have online play

But of course, if Destiny is the game that will change all that, great! But so far, no subscription based model has from my experience but granted f2p model isn't any better but the great thing is that there is no inital fee for entry

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well... I get what ur saying and you do have a very valid point but my thinking is more like, if I buy a new game, it will mean a completely new experience vs sticking with the same game with just added content, granted the content might be better/newer than the current game but its still a similar experience. Like, if you were to save those $30, you will be able to buy two more games per year and depending on how much time you spend on ur new games, it might = more than the time you spend on a subscription based game while saving money.

And I do get much more milage out of games without subscription model than with subscription model from my experience (but obviously yours might be different). Like I spend a lot of hours in mw2 or sc2 or mk8 and etc which is much more time that I spent on a game like WoW cause of those three games have online play

But of course, if Destiny is the game that will change all that, great! But so far, no subscription based model has from my experience but granted f2p model isn't any better but the great thing is that there is no inital fee for entry

True, I also agree with the premise of not playing the same game for months on end. For instance this month I beat Wolfenstein, Infamous and Tomb Raider and got signigicantly more enjoyment than I think I would have if I had just played FF14 this month, but I spent 140 on games as opposed to 12.99. So if money is an issue than I think a sub based game give more bang for the buck.

Money is not an issue for me, but I do like to get sucked into a game for a few months once in a while, then I either quit it or take a break and spend a few months on the good games I missed.

For me the biggest thing that is selling me on Destiny is the co-op. I live in Hawaii, my one brother lives is South Carolina and other in Indiana, when we were playing co-op on Destiny (with headsets) it was almost like when we all lived at home playing Timesplitters 2 co-op or split screen multi. Only game that kinda came close to that in the past 8 years was Nazi Zombies (which obviously was more of an arcade mode).   We also had a blast playing as a fireteam in the Crucible, but it was similiar to the enjoyment we got from CoD:MW2 and 3 (when we all were playing CoD, I quit that after MW3)

Scrap the linear corridors at the end of literally every story mission. Seriously. That was the most disappointing thing for me. Also, responding melee swarms in an FPS game is literally the worse game design choice. Fix it. It's not fun an it's not challenging. It's cheap.

I'd also love to see an option for 60fps, but you know, can't have everything.

I have a very hard time taking Destiny seriously, so here are the things I DON'T want to see.

1. Awful voice acting from that GOT actor. Just awful, right up there with MGS and Final Fantasy levels of bad voice acting.
2. Horrid mission select setup. Having to back out after each mission is a big no. Its just not seamless and engaging.
3. Complete and utter waste of the Dpad. Sitting down, pointing, dancing.... the fuck is this shit... Maps, binoculars, weapon switch, quick sparrow spawn .... this is what I want to see.
4. The entire arsenal of weaponry is just fodder. Who uses revolvers in the future anyways??? Poor effort by bungie.

DO want: 
5. Shadows. Player shadows are shit. I expect better dynamic shadows being cast on objects in the environment.
6. Skill tree / class system is probably the laziest I have ever seen in a video game in recent years. The entire thing needs an overhaul. They should Speed run Mass Effect 3 in a few days, get to grips with a proper skill system.

I like the idea's the OP has. You would make a good dev.