By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev says his game The Swapper's Wii U version visuals are “much closer to the PS4 version than the PS3"

Mr.Playstation said:
Well I guess that is to be expected one is less than two years old the other is just under 8 years old.

Yes, it is.

Some people still need to have it beaten into their heads before they beileve it, though.

I was a little annoyed that neither this thread or linked article actually had anything to say about the game itself, so I dug up this GT review:

This game will kick ass on a tablet.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Shouldn't a game like Swapper on Wii U have identical graphics to the PS4 version?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Shouldn't a game like Swapper on Wii U have identical graphics to the PS4 version?

It should. The question is more about whether the developers know how to work with the PPC of the WiiU to get that capability out of it. But since they already coded it for PS3, which also used RISC, I would imagine that porting it over for them to the WiiU and then properly optimizing for better graphics and performance won't be impossible. The easy thing they could do is just port from Cell to PPC and call it a day, and that's probably why they are making this statement to show that they are taking the step further.

The game looks cool, I'd rather talk about that.

If I had to guess, the difference between PS3/PS4 versions for a game like this probably has more to do with extra dev time than with raw power.

So the Wii-U is more lik the Sega Saturn then, a 2D side scrolling powerhouse!

Around the Network

I played the swapper in 4k on my low end gaming laptop. It's not hard to run.

vivster said:

This is the correct question to ask seeing as the game really isn't heavy in the graphics department!!

The game looks pretty damn pretty.

eFKac said:
Wow so not only Xbone is closing the gap but now also Wii U...

PS4 will become the weakest next gen console by Christmas

lol epic win. 

Raziel123 said:
It's an indie side scroller
mighty good one, true. But it should look the same as ps4, not "closer".

Exactly. That game isn't really a testament to a system's power.