By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Editors are in love with Toad's Treasure Tracker

Are you planning on buying Toad's Treasure Tracker?

Yes it looks fun 160 81.63%

No i dont want it 36 18.37%

Total:196

im interested to see what extra content they will put into this game. whatever they end up doing with it, i just hope they price it reasonably. i mean, nintendo can be pretty stupid with their prices sometimes. new luigi U was priced pretty reasonably though. either way, its looking good that ign editors are loving the game. seems promising. i wasnt too excited, but maybe i should be.

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
this is a $5dollar mobile game in TripleA clothing. Mostly a waste of resources. The best way to sell this "game" would have been dlc for 3dworld.

Did you really just put game in quotes? Are you serious?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Still think they could have taken the effort to create a new character for a new IP though. I mean not that there is something wrong with Toad but Nintendo should dare to create more new characters.

They created so many in the past, why couldn't they do it again?

Metrium said:
t depends on the price. For 15$ or lower I would buy it, I'm not sure if I will if it costs anything higher than that.

The price of the game will be $40 according to Kmart.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I'm still curious to see the lasting appeal of this game. I wonder how long the single player experience will be. Will there be multiplayer somehow? Will there be leaderboards for this game?

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Still think they could have taken the effort to create a new character for a new IP though. I mean not that there is something wrong with Toad but Nintendo should dare to create more new characters.

Not sure if u saw the other thread but Nintendo has made about 70 new ip since the turn of the century.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

phaedruss said:
fleischr said:
phaedruss said:

It's not that it's a puzzle game ( I mean it hardly is anyways) it's that it looks like a minigame.

I enjoyed the Captain Toad segments in SM3DW.  My only two gripes were:

-they were too short

-there weren't enough of them!

If they ever do a SM3DW bundle, adding this game in would be an exceptional value. I think it'd stand out more than the existing Mario and Luigi bundle.

I'm sure they're fun, that's not really what I'm saying lol. Calling them "puzzles" is an insult to the word puzzle.

Nope.

AnthonyW86 said:

Technically this is a new character, its Captain Toad (like Captain Falcon but instead of showing people his moves, he shows people his puzzle solving capabilities... while punching dragons with burning toads.... wait I think I may be confused here). He's only existed in one game (SM3DW).

It reuses older IP properties like enemies of the turtles, gumba, and the idea of the world, but the character himself is new.

It's rumoured to cost 40$

Smear-Gel said:

Nope.

Sure they're puzzles if you're 5 years old.