By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will destiny underperform?

Will it sell tons

yes - 15+lifetime 51 28.18%

no 15- lifetime 11 6.08%

yes 25+ lifetime 7 3.87%

no 10- lifetime 29 16.02%

NO WAY FLOOOP 82 45.30%

Total:180

I think a lot of new IP would love to fail like Titanfall and even more would love to fail like Watch Dogs.

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
No it won't. The big reason? Destiny is actually fun. Seriously. I played titanfall for the free weekend on origin. I was bored with it after 2 hours. For the two hours that I played it, I had a moderate amount of fun. The two "good" hours, I would have rated a solid 7/10. But since it lost it's appeal that fast, I would honestly give it maybe a 6. The second I saw the first gameplay, my first thought was "COD with jetpacks." That assumption was very accurate.

Destiny gives off the "Sci-Fi CoD" vibe.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I'm expecting 18+ million LT. Gonna be huge!

And Watch Dog's didnt flop, 8 million is great sales for a new ip

Titanfall is currently the highest selling exclusive game on either the Xbox One or PS4. Outside of Fifa and Rayman Legends it is also the highest rating retail release on either of those consoles.

So the OP needs to very quickly alter the title of this thread if he doesn't want to see it locked or moderated as a troll thread....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

IkePoR said:
Danman27 said:
No it won't. The big reason? Destiny is actually fun. Seriously. I played titanfall for the free weekend on origin. I was bored with it after 2 hours. For the two hours that I played it, I had a moderate amount of fun. The two "good" hours, I would have rated a solid 7/10. But since it lost it's appeal that fast, I would honestly give it maybe a 6. The second I saw the first gameplay, my first thought was "COD with jetpacks." That assumption was very accurate.

I mean, it's a first person shooter. I'm having way more fun with Destiny than I had with titanfall though. 

Around the Network

Titanfall actually did pretty well didn't it?

Why even compare Titanfall with Destiny? How can you say it's the same? It's like you don't have the common sense to see that Titanfall wasn't on PS4/PS3 one of which would have probably given the highest sales.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Danman27 said:
IkePoR said:
Danman27 said:

I mean, it's a first person shooter. I'm having way more fun with Destiny than I had with titanfall though. 

That's great! Hope Destiny is sucessful and plays well.  Personally, however, single player looks kind of bland and I know that's not the draw but that's what I see.  Also the hype brings back memories of "Brink".  

Does anyone remember Brink?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Nah.. Destiny will do extremely well! There is just no way around it..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

All signs point towards it doing crazy numbers for a new IP, not sure why so many wishing it to fail. Surely not because of some timed PS DLC is it?