By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will destiny underperform?

Will it sell tons

yes - 15+lifetime 51 28.18%

no 15- lifetime 11 6.08%

yes 25+ lifetime 7 3.87%

no 10- lifetime 29 16.02%

NO WAY FLOOOP 82 45.30%

Total:180
BraLoD said:
VanceIX said:

I think Destiny will be of a much higher quality than either Watch Dogs or Titanfall. It has a big developer behind it, after all, and Bungie rarely disappoints.

Having $500,000,000 in marketing/development budget will help too

My prediction? 27-33M

So Ubisoft and EA are not big developers?
If I'm not wrong Ubisoft was the biggest last gen.

Ubisoft and EA published, Ubisoft Montreal and Respawn were the devs, respectively. Neither of which is known for the kind of quality games that Bungie makes consistently. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

No it won't. The big reason? Destiny is actually fun. Seriously. I played titanfall for the free weekend on origin. I was bored with it after 2 hours. For the two hours that I played it, I had a moderate amount of fun. The two "good" hours, I would have rated a solid 7/10. But since it lost it's appeal that fast, I would honestly give it maybe a 6. The second I saw the first gameplay, my first thought was "COD with jetpacks." That assumption was very accurate.

How is 8 million not a good sales (for watch dogs)? That is immense for a new IP.

Destiny will sell very well. Score/metacritic wise, I'm not sure. I'm guessing a good 85.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

It being on all platforms in conjunction with that marketing budget/word of mouth, and bungie's pedigree of success insures this will be the biggest selling game/new ip of the year no doubt in my mind.

Neither of those sales are bad for such young titles. Not everything needs to sell like CoD. Watch Dogs I feel did very well and will continue to do well as the undeserved hate from the initial over hyping settles. Titanfall on the other hand, while it is not even close to a failure in sales, certainly sold underwhelmingly for the amount of hype it received and I don't see it doing much better due to lack of content.

On topic, Destiny will be just fine. The game is going to be huge and there will be plenty to do. Watch Dogs had a lot of content, but much of the side stuff was repetitive (still a good game though). Titanfall tried to add something new to the mechanics of FPS, but lacked content and got stale rather fast (still fun if you get into a good lobby). I don't believe Destiny will fall into either one of these categories. Just because it is done by Bungi alone warrants Halo calibur sales figures. the fact that it is multiplat makes CoD sales possible (though I don't see it selling quite that high simply due to CoD seems to attract many types of gamers for some reason or another).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Watch Dogs did really well 8 million is pretty amazing for a new IP!

And Destiny will be the highest selling game this year ( Maybe only second to COD) the pre orders are already high. Gamers seem to love it and the casuals talk about it like its the next big thing. The game will be massive, anyone that thinks it will fail or under perform will be shocked come September.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

That depend if it delivers the promise!!

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

Titanfall and Watch Dogs didn't fail, so neither will Destiny. Although Destiny will certainly outsell them both combined.

Destiny will sell 100 times better on ps4 then x1

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

What the hell did you expect watchdogs to sell lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.