By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Destiny on Xbox One will outsell Smash Bros on Wii U

Will Destiny on xbox one sell more than smash wii u?

Yes 97 11.70%

Maybe 116 13.99%

No 615 74.19%

Total:828
Teeqoz said:
FromDK said:
Teeqoz said:

20 million ?!? That's almost on par with mariokart wii.

No.. Mariokart Wii is +35 mill.

So 10-20 mill could be 10 mill.. meaning not even a third.. or 18 mill.. like half of MK wii..

And that fully fits my expections for WiiU sale.. +50 mill..

Sorry, I must have confused mariokart Wii with something else. Now, concerning your 50m + prediction I have to say you are being VERY optimistic. It's in It's second year and still hasn't sold 7 million. How long do you expect the Wii U to be on the market?

looking at last gen.. it's actully very pesimistic.. (100+80+80)

(i know a lot of people are thinking that, WiiU will sell o lot less than competition.. That i don't think.. 50 mill i worst case senario imo)

I think there will be atleast 4.. proberly 5 years before next Nin console.. (also that WiiU will have better legs than Wii, when out)

Around the Network

Wii u aint selling 50mil.

Globally I can't see it happening, considering the way Destiny is getting advertised. Destiny has exclusive content on PS4 that's staying there for about a year, not to mention there's the special white PS4 bundle for Destiny. The game might as well be a PS4 exclusive with the advertising the game's getting there. For the XB1 version of Destiny, we'll likely see a repeat of what happened with Watch Dogs, where the game gets shunted by every other version of the game, including previous gen versions, and ends up not selling nearly as well as a result.

With that in mind, the XB1 version of Destiny will likely not outsell the Wii U version of Smash Bros 4 globally IMO. We can always be proven wrong either way.

NNID: TheCCluc

Destiny will probably do well because it's a game on 4 different platforms while Smash Bros is on 1. Reguardless when Watch Dogs did well, didn't stop Mario Kart 8 from having fantasitc sales. This is silly really.

FromDK said:
Teeqoz said:

Sorry, I must have confused mariokart Wii with something else. Now, concerning your 50m + prediction I have to say you are being VERY optimistic. It's in It's second year and still hasn't sold 7 million. How long do you expect the Wii U to be on the market?

(i know a lot of people are thinking that, WiiU will sell o lot less than competition.. That i don't think.. 50 mill i worst case senario imo)

I think there will be atleast 4.. proberly 5 years before next Nin console.. (also that WiiU will have better legs than Wii, when out)

Sorry, but 50 million is not even the best case scenario... 30-35 million would be the best case scenario if you ask me... :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
FromDK said:
Teeqoz said:

Sorry, but 50 million is not even the best case scenario... 30-35 million would be the best case scenario if you ask me... :-/

imo.. is the keyword.. meaning.. what I think.. :)

And like i said.. i know this is not sharred by many.. (even so most of them have the.. selling less and 2 mill behind XOne to do so)

FromDK said:
Teeqoz said:

The wii u must be very modest because it hasnt shown much leg so far...

gergroy said:
FromDK said:
Teeqoz said:

The wii u must be very modest because it hasnt shown much leg so far...

It is.. :)

But i knew that.. when i saw the game at launc.. Nintendo did not "really" start until Ps4 and One was out..

You must admit.. Mario and Donkey.. They have no wow effect.. Mario kart.. and soon Smash.. They have it... This "i could never had played this on wii"  And you must also see that games like Mariomaker.. splatton.. even the free braintraning.. (don't know hov big amiibos are gonna be either) has this.. "totally new expenrince not posible on wii.. or any other console"

(and then dad look over and see mario and donkey.. and then they counts for some to.. becourse he know they will be perfect games)

I bet WiiU will not go under 50.000 until next (semi) big game.. and with smash before cristmas it will sell insane.. and sell min.. 100.000 every week in 2015.. I hope.. For me that is "good leg"

I agree with your prediction gregroy!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

So, I thought I would revisit this with destiny 1's time in the sun coming to a close. Destiny ended up getting repackaged several times when it's expansions came out. If we add up all the different destiny packages for Xbox one this site has it just slightly below 5 million and smash for the Wii U at 5 million. So, if we take these numbers as fact then my prediction is a failure...😒

However, I still think I was right, even if it wasn't by as big of a margin as I originally thought. I think with digital sales the Xbox one version would be in the lead.

Also, I can't believe people thought smash would outsell the PS4 version (or all versions combined)!!