By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I've got some info on the Destiny Expansions.

VanceIX said:
So, does the $30 expansion pass cover all expansions or just a set?

It only covers the first 2 expansions. Ive heard there will be more passes if you want to buy them that way. The bundle passes will be cheaper than purchasing seperatly.

Around the Network

Looks like I definitely should go with the limited edition that includes the expansion pass. Might as well.

So..am I the only one who thinks this is terrible?

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

I can understand that; but what I'm worried about is that if you don't have them downloaded, you can't play the game.

I don't see why it would be any different to any other games. There will just be areas you can't go to or weapons and stuff you can't use that everyone else can.

Bear in mind that this game has connectivity in mind.

Well it wouldn't have very good connectivity if people without expansions couldn't even play the game.

I think it's the only way they can do a game like this and keep it moving forward. They will have a dedicated group of players who will buy new content and their friends who might play will also get involved, allowing them to sell more.

They just need to make sure the expansions are cost effective enough so that people arn't put off by a regular large price.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ka-pi96 said:

Well it wouldn't have very good connectivity if people without expansions couldn't even play the game.

From what I understand the expansions are 100% optional and are not required content.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
VanceIX said:
So, does the $30 expansion pass cover all expansions or just a set?

It only covers the first 2 expansions. Ive heard there will be more passes if you want to buy them that way. The bundle passes will be cheaper than purchasing seperatly.

Ah, that's a shame. Not much of a saving then. Ah well.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Do you know if they launch first on ps systems or at tge same time on both

Also keep in mind some of these regular expansions may be very cheap or even free. I have zero idea on pricing models

Azerth said:
Do you know if they launch first on ps systems or at tge same time on both

the first two launch at the same time, I doubt any future expansions would be any different.  

Raziel123 said:
So..am I the only one who thinks this is terrible?

Dropping $35 every 6/months or so for a ton of content equal to around 4x+ Borderlands expansions?

Nope!!

This just means this game will be supported for years and years and you won't likely see a Destiny 2 anytime soon.

I like that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!