By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition - Sony's first party titles with Physical Releases in EUROPE

Do you want to be able to purchase your games:

Physical and Digital - so everyone is pleased 69 79.31%

Digital ONLY - I'm a sel... 18 20.69%

Total:87
Ka-pi96 said:

Guess it must be different for some countries, Spanish Amazon has the lower physical prices though...

http://www.amazon.es/Sony-CEE-Games-New-Gen/dp/B00BJ1HVOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406039559&sr=8-1&keywords=infamous+second+son+ps4

http://www.amazon.es/The-Last-Us-Remasterizado-exclusivo/dp/B00JLB8M1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406039595&sr=8-1&keywords=the+last+of+us+ps4

Game has been out for 4 months..

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

So it's a Canadian site that ships its games to belgium...then ships them to EU countries, avoiding import costs (VAT + customs charges)?

How much is shipping, the site doesn't say.  Some good prices on that.

Every single time was like that, last month as well. They use a shipping agency that does it for them.

Shipping is $7.50 per item, of course those are Canadian Dollars, so even cheaper than US prices.

EDIT: They also put the value at $20, which is lower than the limit for customs. Especially for Vita games, nobody in EU customs checks the true value because it's a tiny box ;)

Raziel123 said:
NiKKoM said:

First Party. infamous second son psn: 59.99 retail 55.00.. TLOU Remastered psn 44.99.. retail 42.50.. it's not much but it's still 7.50 euro's.. you could buy a nice indie game for that..

no... 59.99 for infamous both digital and retail. 45€ for TLOUR both digital and retail.

nope.. you can see the reactions in dutch:
http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/infamous:+second+son_PS4.html
even has timestamps for example:

Pose on 16-03-2014 11:52
Bij Mediamarkt staat Infamous voor €55,- vermeld.

Mediamarkt is probably Europe biggest electronica seller.. thats a week before release...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

nope.. you can see the reactions in dutch:
http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/infamous:+second+son_PS4.html
even has timestamps for example:

Pose on 16-03-2014 11:52
Bij Mediamarkt staat Infamous voor €55,- vermeld.

Mediamarkt is probably Europe biggest electronica seller.. thats a week before release...

Well it's 59.99 here, i'm not gonna import it from other EU countries to either save 5€ or not save at all due to shipping costs

KylieDog said:
eFKac said:
KylieDog said:

Sorry I don't bend over and take it in the arse.  A company tries to mug you off, you give them the finger, that is how it should be.

If you had any clue about the UK gaming market you'd know those 'sale' prices are a joke in several ways.

Haha mug you off, brilliant. The entitlement is off the charts here.

Not from UK so I don't know, but open to be enlightened.

Oh yes, so entitled because I expect equal treatment. 

If you want to be enlightened as to why the PSN sales are crap, is because on every platform except Vita sale prices are actually still higher than retail in most cases, the Vita's state of having crap sales meaning retail doesn't drop like other platforms doesn't make the sale prices on EU PSN good as if it wasn't in the shitter they'd be bad sale prices most of the time just like everything else.  Two wrongs do not make a right.  Secondly, to compare the same games going on sale in US vs EU, a game on sale for $7.50 in US (£5.26 with VAT added) will be in UK store for £14 as the sale price ($20, VAT deducted).

The prices are for ignorant mugs.  Rarely is there a decent deal on retail titles.

Well, if you feel so strongly about it, how about you stop calling people who prefer a more conveniet storage form "ignorant mugs" and instead just make a US Store account, thus getting more games for cheaper?

Problem solved.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

If you wait a few months, the digital price will not change while retail be far lower.  Especially in UK.

Pehaps in the UK, here in the U.S prices are generally similar to retail, and there are sales almost every week.

Still, I would just make a US PSN account, we get similar titles anyway through PS+, with only a few major differences here and there, plus you save loads per game.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Raziel123 said:

Well it's 59.99 here, i'm not gonna import it from other EU countries to either save 5€ or not save at all due to shipping costs

Where is here? if I may ask..

KylieDog said:
Raziel123 said:
KylieDog said:

Yeah, memory cards are overpriced, but it's a one time expense. Get a 16gb or 32gb card, and go from there.

And overpriced releases? What? New games are the SAME price as the physical version, but with no tax. And Sony has had TONS of sales on some excellent Vita games.

Not on EU store.

Yes they are...on the EU store.

Now the UK store, that I don't know.

No, they really aren't in most cases.  Unless you're using the most expensive retailer can find.

MSRP is the only thing you can compare with digital releases. What sale prices a retailer gives is largely irrelevant.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Oddly enough I pre-ordered a physical copy of Freedom Wars last week so im a bit a shocked to find out that they've only just announced one due to a petition.....

This lack of physical releases for other games really hammers home how sony feels about the Vita :/

KylieDog said:

What hyperbole, MSRP means dick in the UK.  When every retailer in the country almost sells new games for a set price, that is the price that matters and the price to be undercut (matching digital with retail frankly isn't good enough).

Plus no MSRP is £60 for any game, yet plenty of PSN titles are that price.

Thats why I dislike digital only.. even if I'm an Apple user.. Retailers bring competition.. and so strong that they sell it at buy-in prices.. with only 1 digital store avalaible to a console there will never be competition.. Since Apple gets away with it, I don't see it changing but I do hope someone in Europe (Neelie Kroes)
will look at this and force it open.. if publishers or other 3rd party sellers could sell us the games directly to our console then people would have choice and get better prices for their digital console games.. don't like the Price on PSN? Maybe Amazon made a better deal with a developer and offers it cheaper directly on your console