By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition - Sony's first party titles with Physical Releases in EUROPE

Do you want to be able to purchase your games:

Physical and Digital - so everyone is pleased 69 79.31%

Digital ONLY - I'm a sel... 18 20.69%

Total:87
NiKKoM said:
Does anyone from europe buy digital new releases from PSN? I would like to meet them..

(new game) Transformers rise of the dark spark ps4 69.99 euros in the PSN store.. cheapest retail is 49.99..average retail between 59.99 and 64.99.. Grid Autosport ps3.. 59.99 PSN.. cheapest retail 41.95.. average retail 49.99 (budgetgamer.nl).. why wouldn't you buy at retail?

that's third party

first party cost the same as retail

besides, if game sharing, slash those prices in two and it's always cheaper digitally. (ps4, not vita)

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wow! Petitions really work! :o

With Sony...

Ka-pi96 said:
NiKKoM said:
Does anyone from europe buy digital new releases from PSN? I would like to meet them..

(new game) Transformers rise of the dark spark ps4 69.99 euros in the PSN store.. cheapest retail is 49.99..average retail between 59.99 and 64.99.. Grid Autosport ps3.. 59.99 PSN.. cheapest retail 41.95.. average retail 49.99 (budgetgamer.nl).. why wouldn't you buy at retail?

This. Sony's digital pricing sucks in Europe. I've only bought a couple of games on PSN, only ones in sale or 1st party games which seem to be closer to physical prices.

Why not buy from US store, prices are almost 25% cheaper?

Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:

I'd prefer physical though. Besides that would be a hassle, oh and EU PS+ > US PS+.

Nothing to do with PS+, I'm talking about single games. I prefer saving 20€ for 2 minutes of hassle.

Raziel123 said:
NiKKoM said:

that's third party

first party cost the same as retail

besides, if game sharing, slash those prices in two and it's always cheaper digitally. (ps4, not vita)

First Party. infamous second son psn: 59.99 retail 55.00.. TLOU Remastered psn 44.99.. retail 42.50.. it's not much but it's still 7.50 euro's.. you could buy a nice indie game for that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:

I'd prefer physical though. Besides that would be a hassle, oh and EU PS+ > US PS+.

PS+ is only reason my Vita not a US account.  I have PS+ anyway so just play the free games since the prices make things not worth buying.

That's reasonable. Perhaps a recommendation for physical games then (both PS4 and Vita), videogamesplus.ca -> even with shipping you save significantly over EU/UK retail prices. If you don't mind a 10 day wait.

KylieDog said:

If you wait a few months, the digital price will not change while retail be far lower.  Especially in UK.

Yes also this.. I buy a lot of games from the UK.. wait a weeks for new releases and they'll start slashing those prices. Europe and the UK retail are far faster with price cuts the the US... even when PSN cuts it to 29.99 (remember me) 24.99 (Metal Gear Rising)  You could have bought them earlier for cheaper at retail for 15 euro's

Burek said:

That's reasonable. Perhaps a recommendation for physical games then (both PS4 and Vita), videogamesplus.ca -> even with shipping you save significantly over EU/UK retail prices. If you don't mind a 10 day wait.

Problem with none EU sites is that you could pay additional taxes and fees depending on your country.. if I (in the netherland) get caught (happend once or twice) buying above 22 euro's they'll add 21% tax on it and a fine of 13 euros

NiKKoM said:
Burek said:

Problem with none EU sites is that you could pay additional taxes and fees depending on your country.. if I (in the netherland) get caught (happend once or twice) buying above 22 euro's they'll add 21% tax on it and a fine of 13 euros

This site ships from Belgium ;)

NiKKoM said:

First Party. infamous second son psn: 59.99 retail 55.00.. TLOU Remastered psn 44.99.. retail 42.50.. it's not much but it's still 7.50 euro's.. you could buy a nice indie game for that..

no... 59.99 for infamous both digital and retail. 45€ for TLOUR both digital and retail.