By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony signs band of 12/13 year olds to $1.7 million record deal

I was going to poke fun at them for being kids, but they get a free pass because metal music is fucking badass!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Well, I can see one of them not finishing their work one day... But then their parent lets them play anyways.

After they ink that deal, it will probably switch to, "don't worry about your homework, go practice." Not that I blame them.

Honestly, the video on the website wasn't exactly mind-blowing. The studio is probably trying to capitalize on the buzz along with some professional training and writing. I'd bet my neighbor's dog that we won't see that sixth album release.

pokoko said:
After they ink that deal, it will probably switch to, "don't worry about your homework, go practice." Not that I blame them.

Honestly, the video on the website wasn't exactly mind-blowing. The studio is probably trying to capitalize on the buzz along with some professional training and writing. I'd bet my neighbor's dog that we won't see that sixth album release.

Sixth alblum? It says two.

i call BS on the parent that said no work no play.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Well we do need a next gen justin bieber to hate when they grow up and stop being cute and eventually do drugs, punch paparazzi, skip school, make documentries for the extra dollars, go on twitter rampages and get forgotten in the abyss of life.

"The band are guaranteed two albums, with a $60,000 advance on the first, and up to $350,000 for the second."

Nice investment in a very young band, but lots of qualifiers on the numbers. I am sure if they are successful Sony throw whole weight behind them, but need to prove themselves. Personally happy to see bunch of kids playing metal get signed when seems like all teen acts are pop (I admit, been out of the music scene for years now though).

Sellouts.

Hey it's metal, I'm cool with that.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well then. That's something you don't see every day. I wish them luck

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash