By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One: A Lying Failure Machine

So listening to what the consumer demands is a bad thing.......

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

"We shouldn't be thankful for them backpedaling and doing the bare minimum, they should be thankful that we still support them now after all they've done."

d21lewis said:
I'm watching it. I disagree with a lot of what he says so far. What game did Kinect screw with because it was connected? Harmonix went all in on a Kinect powered game because everyone had one and suddenly M$ left them high and dry? What about Dance Central 1-3? Is that not a franchise that has had great success on Kinect for 360 already? Did M$ snub video games? If they did, why do they have a comparable library of exclusives to the game focused PS4? It would look like they were game focused all along.

He goes on to say it's probably going to be a worthwhile product and all but at the same time calling it all kinds of names. I can't wrap my head around that part of the video. It frightens and confuses me. I guess it just means he can't be wrong because he praised and attacked it at the same time. Jim's clever like that.

His entire thinking is very sound. He was angry at MS for the mistakes made and called them liars, not the console itself, the console is a worth while choice for any customer.  Anyone here can admit that the Xbone is a good console, look at the games it's got and the changes they've made to make it good. But this is his point, why are many praising MS for making those changes when they had those bad things to begin with? All they are doing is conforming to what should have been standard and he is admitting he still doesn't like the lies MS has said to justify their decisions only to reverse them anyway. Even if he admits the console now is a good choice.

He used the Harmonix game just as an example but it was a game made fully for a console which all units sold had the ability to play their game. Now, that's not true so Harmonix may lose a few sales because some people don't have the Kinect anymore.

Exclusives make a console stand out but it's not a library and it's a library that is important.

Hmm, pie.

Machiavellian said:
Xenostar said:
Machiavellian said:
Xenostar said:
Machiavellian said:
Aura7541 said:
Slade6alpha said:
Kinda get the damned they do and damned if they don't idea here. People didn't like the original Xbox One with the DRM, anti used games etc. They reverse it and people still complain.

Well, Jim isn't really complaining about the reversals or that MS didn't do enough. He's complaining about how MS didn't apologize to the consumers for the policies the company was trying to force upon them.

Why would MS need to apologize.  The X1 is a product not some type of institution.  Consumers were never forced to do anything because they have the right to not purchase the device.

So if someone sold you a 4 star holiday and when you got there it was a youth hostel, you would say oh well there not an instituion they didnt force me to buy it.

That is just it, you were not sold a 4 star holiday.  You were told exactly what was included in the product.  Its not like MS hid anything.  They told you exactly what the product was and its focused.  Everyone had plenty of information to make a decision and they did.  When people stated that the product was flawed well they had to make drastic changes.  Hell its one of the reason I believe so many missing features were absent from the X1.  Having to change direction like they did probably ment a re-write of the OS.  When thinking about it, I am sure that their OS team pretty much stated, we have this much time to release a product, you either make a decision now or we go with the original plan.  Its something that is done in software development all the time when drastic parameters have changed.

The DRM granted, but the video doesnt just talk about the DRM, it talks about the promise of Kinect and it always being included and the talk of XBox entertainment bringing new and exclusive TV shows, 2 major features from there reveal press conference dropped 6 months after launch

Yes the video talks about Kinect and TV.  Kinect is still available for people that want it.  It still works and still integrate with the OS, Apps and TV stuff the console does today.  There are still games coming out for the device and all apps still work with the device.  So its not bundled.  Its still on MS to make people want Kinect so at this time lets just see what they can do to make that happen.  Right now its a little early to write the device off.

As for the TV stuff, I believe the things that are already in production are still happening.  You still get the Halo series and you still get the Quantum Break stuff.  What you will not get is MS wasting any more resources on trying to be a media company when that is clearly not their strength.  Personally I believe that was the best thing MS could have done.  That money can easily be put into game development or finance new games for the system.  I am sure Phil will find something to do with that capital.  

When all is said and done, its a rant about MS making changes for the better for their product and finding a reason to make it a negative.  Its classic fanboy dribble that we have seen coutless times and will continue to see as long as people for some emotional attachment to corporations.

Yes and if you watched the video, he did say for him at least all the changes were for the better, doesnt change the fact they lied multiple times, and in case of DRM and Kinect also demanded that these desicsion could not be reveresed, before reversing them and the main point of his video NOT apologising. 

Yes things are better, but they lied and they didnt apologise. thats the point of the video and its all true. 

phaedruss said:
Eh, what a pointless rant.

Yes....so pointless that he had sources to back up what he was complaining about. Hes just mad that MS lied not once but multiple times. He makes a lot of sense, but in the end he shouldn't get so emotional about it. Everyone who games knows MS are the least honest company of the big three and only third to EA and Activision.

Around the Network

i like my xbo, people are too emotional.

he needs to look at the shit firmware support of the ps4 before ranting on xbo.

NobleTeam360 said:

Hes saying Microsoft lied multiple times and when they got caught and met the lynch mob the changed their ways. They saw that Sony was winning the gamers back over by the load and so they turned the Xbone into a less powerful PS4. They lost focus on the gaming aspect of things for the TV and then went full 180. MS would not have listened to shit if they were ahead of Sony. Members of MS were actually arguing with fans about it until they finally gave in. They never listened to consumer demand...the jig was just up. They couldn't lie about Kinect any longer and they had to drop DRM before they lost their fans and Gamestop lowered the amount of pre orders they would take in. MS pissed almost everyone off  in that period of time.

MS's constant lying caused him to put MS on his shit list, but everything he said was true (when you take away the emotional ranting)

" In a recent conversation between Phil Harrison, Microsoft corporate vice president, and CVG, we learned that cutting Kinect will never happen.
“Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, and it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.”

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-refuses-to-sell-xbox-one-without-kinect

MATTRICK: "Some of the advantages that you get, of having, a box that is designed to use an online state, so, that, uh, to me is the future-proof choice, and I think people, could've arguably gone the other way if we didn't do it and fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360."
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/don-mattrick-xbox-360-offline/

Xbox One console will need to connect to the internet every 24 hours for games to work. "Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection," says a statement from the software maker. Microsoft explains that Xbox One accounts can be used on other consoles to access digital libraries, but that an hourly internet check will be required in that particular case.

"game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers,"

Games can also be given to friends via their discs. There are no fees associated with the transfer, but you can only pass them to friends who have been on your Xbox list for at least 30 days and each game can only be transfered once.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/6/4403936/xbox-one-online-requirements-details

To this date, nobody knows what the MS executives were smoking during the first part of 2013.

^ Orth was the first to start flapping his gums protecting MS and the backlash was so bad MS had to let go of him to save face. Now he goes on tours at videogame conferences talking about abuse. Sure gamers are rabid, but they don't like to fucked with when they either have or are about to make an investment.

Agree on every single point with the guy from the vid.

Imo MS is not listenig to their fans, they even didn't apologise for lying. They just want to push the sale numbers, thats all.